cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dcarmon

Struggling

Struggling to stay an EX. Temper and cravings at its highest so far.

0 Kudos
16 Replies

Calm down. life is going to happen as an ex smoker.

Do have a lemon to bite into?

Can you stick your head in the freezer and count backwards from 20?

0 Kudos

Or are you looking for a real reason?

you can never find a real reason to smoke.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Slow, deep breaths - s l o w, d e e p,   b r e a t h s!

Take a walk, take a shower, call a friend, play a computer game, put your head in the freezer and breathe some ice cold air, snap a rubber band around your wrist, take some more slow, deep breaths! 

You did the right thing in coming here instead of smoking - so I KNOW you don't want to.  Just don't!

Get busy!  Don't let those craves whirl around in your brain alone.  Change your mind's direction.....give it something ELSE to think about.

Hang in there!  A crave will end whether you smoke or not, and every one you get through weakens the next one just a bit.

Stay strong!  Stay committed.

You CAN do this!

(check in after a bit and let us know how you're doing!)

Nancy

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Do whatever you need to do to get through this - take a walk if possible.  Take a shower - hard to smoke in the shower.  Scream as loudly as possible - I don't do that any more!  Each time that you beat one of these super craves - your quit just gets stronger.  You have come too far to throw it away.

0 Kudos
Sootie

All good advice above....and if I can expand.......do ANYTHING except smoke! Just gut it thru......it can feel impossible but it's NOT! Come here and talk, eat, walk, sing, dance, SLEEP......do whatever but don't lose your quit. You CAN do this.

Stay Strong

tlajbenn

You can do this! Take deep breaths. Changing your surroundings can change your mindset. Take a walk, change rooms, do whatever it takes. 

How are you doing now?

JACKIE1-25-15

Consider it a challenge that you are able to handle.  Quitting smoking is not the easiest thing to do however it is doable.  It is a no matter what is happening you will not smoke.  No matter how hard it gets.  We are addicts our bodies have to learn to do without smoking.  Think of all the people that don't smoke.  What do they do when a crisis comes? Handle it without a cigarette.  You can go through this without smoking.  You will be stronger once you meet each challenge. You have to start believing that you do not "have" to have a smoke.  Tell that to your brain. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

How are you doing?

Nancy

0 Kudos
Roller831

I am sorry I wasn't online last night.  I hope you made it through.  Please let us know how you are doing (either way)!

0 Kudos