cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mikiraelene30

Struggling with struggling

I know it is a process that cames with no smoking. Have do you deal with irritability and being overwhelmed and not smoke. What do we do normally without smoking I am struggling with struggle help please

13 Replies
maryfreecig

I took action each day. I didn't like how I was feeling or thinking, but I did walk, read, watch a program, get busy--I put my mind elsewhere and with simple goals. So definitely keep it simple, keep it small. Wondering when I would feel better only made me feel worse. It was the actions each day, one day at a time that kept me focusing on my overall goal to get over my smoking addiction.

Leesespieces

I am only on my 9th day so I don't know how much insight I can bring to the table, but I can at least let you know that I know exactly how you feel! The first week for me was actually easier than the second, so I am not sure if it keeps getting worse before it gets better. The last thing I want or need to do is gain weight so I try to put myself in situations that I wouldn't normally smoke in that don't involve eating... Like the bathtub, or the mall (walk at the mall, its too damn cold out) or playing with my cat or kids. I think I've taken more baths since I quit than I have in my entire adult life! Light some candles and throw on some spa music, Its the best!! And I agree with others suggestions to Move! burn off that aggression!! Shoot, even cleaning and organizing the house is good too.. you burn energy and end up with a clean house!! My cupboards have never looked so organized. LOL. Hang in there! You got this!

JACKIE1-25-15

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2020/08/26/turn-struggles-to-challeng...  please click on the link.  You have come to the right place for support. 

elvan

We are here & we have all been where you are. You can’t move forward until you go through all of the stages. The biggest thing to remember is that you don’t want to have to do it again. One day at a time, one step at a time. It WILL get easier, l cannot tell you when it will happen but it WILL.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen