cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Abracadabra

Struggling with self control

I've been trying to quit vaping off and on for over 6 months. I've used gum to help for several months but felt like I became addicted to that and couldn't cut it out. This time around my cravings are a lot less but I still break down and buy myself a new vape- even when I'm not craving. Vaping just seems part of who I am and how I spend my free time. Any tips with self-control or ways to fill time that doesn't include vaping? It's almost like this is a safety net for me that makes me feel safe and comforted when I'm alone.

11 Replies
forthebest

I completely understand you my dude. I do the same thing; purchasing new vapes even tho I feel like I don't have cravings. Addiction is the best- the disease that tell you that you don't have a disease. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@forthebest Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit vaping  This is an older post.  I hope @Abracadabra is still working on their quit and you'll receive a response.

Quitting is more about willingness than self-control.  It's about learning how to quit, being educated about nicotine addiction and  having a quit plan.

This link is a great place to begin learning about the process. 

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Consider posting to My Journal/Blog to introduce yourself to the community and receive some well deserved support.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos