cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Yarngoddess

Struggling on day 1

So I picked today as the day, I probably should’ve picked yesterday as today I’m working from home and I live with 2 smokers who smoke in the house and are not supportive at all, and are actually the exact extreme opposite.  Yesterday I was in the office I felt great! I was at work and where I normally have 1 an hour and had 3 all day. Last night about 2 hours before bed I had my last one. I was great I felt great. I want this. I need this. I can do this. Wake up today and it’s been nonstop wanting one it hasn’t abated at all. I’ve paced. I’ve done yoga. I’ve tried reading, knitting, eating. I’ve brushed my teeth 3 times. They say the craving only last 5-15 minutes but it feels like it’s been 4 hours straight. And I don’t know what to do 😫

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
biscuit9

You are awesome!  I might have passed out, by now, from the exercise, but you know what you need.  It's the best thing you can do, distract.  You already know that, smoking the one will trigger another one.  There is no end to the nicotine cycle.  You have already said NO to the monster several times, by now.  Stay winning!  Stay in charge!   YOU are the boss, and everytime you tell the monster "NO" the weaker the monster gets.  

Yarngoddess

I’m still holding on. I’ve survived day 4! I feel like today has been the hardest so far but I stayed strong and made it through

YoungAtHeart

You just got a day closer to this journey becoming easier.  One day at a time is how it's done in the early days.

Keep going!  You GOT this!

Nancy

Barbscloud

@Yarngoddess Congrats on 4 days.

One day at a time will get you where you want to be.

Barb

SuzyQ411

@Yarngoddess 

no smoking.heart. 8.1.22.jpg

Sending my avatar to you on loan.

Can't you just feel its determination and commitment?

Its will to succeed.. to not smoke even one puff, no matter what?

NOT ONE PUFF EVER.

NOPE! NOPE !! and NOPE !!!

You are doing great; you will make new habits to replace your old smoking habits~

Just keep at it!

ONE DAY AT A TIME!

one day at a time. ocean.jpg

Looking around at so many EX members who have been free of nicotine for years upon years tells us that it CAN be done!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @Yarngoddess . Sorry , I keep seeing day 1 and have not realized it’s a continuing post and you are on day four or five now .. you are doing great , and using your delaying and distracting tools among others like journaling , taking part etc . You got this .. great job .. keep going . 

biscuit9

@Yarngoddess  4 days??!!   That's truly amazing.  We all know the strength it takes to say no to the monster.  It gets easier and easier, though.  Make sure to do something very nice for yourself, pamper yourself for a little bit.  The nicotine is gone out of your system in 3 days, but it's the mental hold that was hardest for me.  It was a fight, but since I had decided I wasn't smoking anymore and not feeding my ncotine addiction, I just knew I had to stay strong through the worst of the craves.  The one thing I could not do, is smoke.  I made a vow, and chose to ride the wave.  Quit Day 85, and I'm more determined than ever to put nicotine addiction in my PAST.

SuzyQ411

Go @Yarngoddess 

Go @biscuit9 

cheerleader 6.3.png

GREAT JOB, YOU TWO!!

Barbscloud

@Yarngoddess How is it going?

Happy Holidays

Barb