cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

14Djsquitwon

Stressed

Jump to solution

Help, I started smoking again yesterday, I am so stressed out. I was smoke free since Feb 6 2019. I feel awful, terrible and disgusted with myself! 

55 Replies
14Djsquitwon

Thank you!

On Wed, May 22, 2019, 3:10 PM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Please get some assistance if needed.  We'll be here waiting when your ready for your quit.

Barb

sweetplt

Do you mean Mark, our site Moderator ?

14Djsquitwon

Well I just mean that I see Mark Correct on the messages, don't know what

for

On Wed, May 22, 2019, 3:19 PM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Might be that you started this post, as a question, and it is asking you to Mark Correct...that you received an answer from your question ...

14Djsquitwon

Perfect, I'm glad I asked. Thanks

On Wed, May 22, 2019, 3:31 PM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Tanuaj13

I quit many times too.  One time for ten years. Then a really big major stressor got the best of me. That was 7 years ago. Now I’m doing my quit for life. You can too if you do what everyone here has done. It really works.  I figured out that I was letting the smokes control me. I then knew I had the willpower deep inside me to say nope. Not anymore! I still get triggers as you did and I find something to occupy my time to think and focus on something else.  Remember your mind can only focus on one thing at a time.  And your worth it!      Tanuaj

14Djsquitwon

Thank you so much for writing I really appreciate this website even though I hardly know how to use it properly. I am old school and computer stuff doesn't come easy for me, soooo Mani options! Well anyway I appreciate everyone who is supportive and kind and an ex-smoker! Sometimes all the community support feels kind of overwhelming cuz I don't know who to talk to next. But it is just awesome and wonderful. Thank you very much Sincerely, Cindy

Giulia

Cindy, to elaborate on Sweetplt's answer -  "Mark Correct" is simply an option when you put out a blog/conversation as a question and get a response that you feel answers your question the best.  For example if someone asked  "How does nicotine affect the brain?" and there were a whole bunch of people who responded, you could select the one that you felt was the most appropriate, or was the most thorough or accurate.  (Mark happens to be our Company Manager - so that could be a little confusing.)

I don't know if you do any meditation, or have any techniques to relieve stress, but slow deep breaths can help a lot.  We tend to get so caught up emotionally in stuff that it's hard to take the necessary step back, to view it from a different perspective.  Humor can help give us a different perspective to.  

Try breathing along with this, maybe it will help....

Don't you worry about who to talk to next.  We're all on the same team and you can respond "at large" to us.

Relax breathing.gif

elvan

Please know that you are not alone and that losing a quit is certainly not worth beating yourself up.  I hate that you feel you are struggling with the will to live and I really hope that you can get some effective help.  Quitting is a one day at a time journey and there are always going to be good days and bad days whether we are quit or not.  PLEASE take care of yourself and reach out, don't kick yourself while you are down.

Ellen