cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Andstillirise

Still grateful , struggling though ....

Day 77 and today has been worst day by far . I really feel like smoking but I won’t . 

Today I went running in my favorite neighborhood I was hoping to move to . That won’t be happening . I can’t afford to live there . Even if I could swing it my home would take forever to sell because I live so far from everything....So I’m having a bit of a pity party and feeling sad and sorry for myself . Usually I get over things quickly but since I’ve quit smoking this time , the sadness lingers ....

i decided just to go home and appreciate my beautiful home , vegetable garden and my beloved dog . So what if I stay in a rear view town that doesn’t so much as  have sidewalks and getting the city to pick up the garbage is a struggle every single week . I feed about 30 strays daily as people here don’t believe in having their animals fixed . It could always be much much worse .... I could be a Syrian refugee or live in a cave in Yemen or a war torn country . 

Thanks for listening . And no worries I am not going to smoke . 

12 Replies
Christine13

I'm sorry I didn't see your post last night.  I hope you are feeling better today.  I give you many Kudos for feeding the cats and dogs.  It's a disgrace that so many don't have homes.

0 Kudos
elvan

Hope today is a much better day.

Ellen

0 Kudos
pcolaflorida

Happy day 79! Wow, I hope that I am posting and not smoking on day 79 (07-02). I just stopped today and I made it but it was rough. Thanks for the heads up about the emotions. I beginning to think by reading different posts it's like losing something you loved so much... Then you have to go through all those stages of sorrow! I know your day is going well today because you are a survivor and others see you and look up to you. Keep pushing and when you least expect it something will happen that allows you to move. Good luck. 

0 Kudos