cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zama

Steps to follow

Good day all 

I have been smoking for 14 years now and really want to quit.I have set my quit date and all and just want to find out what steps can i follow in the two weeks time i have before I quit? Do i continue as normal?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
KMC56

Welcome to this awesome community of support, we all started this journey with the same first step you are now taking!  One step at a time to a successful quit!

0 Kudos
gardenancy8

Welcome to Ex!  The elders above me, have given you great information to get you started!  Read read read as much as you can on here, and then soon enough you will be READY to quit.  I couldn't have done it without getting educated on the addiction. Made the quit so much easier and doable.  

0 Kudos
elvan

There are some really clever little sayings on this site that helped me at the beginning and I still use even over 3 1/2 years later.  My mantra at first was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever...I could not believe how powerful that was.  I also loved "I don't DO that any more." "Keep them away from your face."  "One step and then another will get you to where you want to be."  Those are just SOME of my favorites...it's amazing how a little phrase can act as a great motivator.

0 Kudos
c2q

Hands down, the most important things are to know what to expect and to have a plan.Have you finished your quit plan on this site yet? What do next depends are what steps you've taken to prepare already. You can do this. Welcome to EX!

0 Kudos