cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

appaloosa1970

Staying Smoke Free For Life.

Hi Everyone, I actually decided to quit smoking on 12-12-12 but have just recently found this site.I`m looking for support to get me through the hard days, and there seems to be alot of them. I currently use a vapour cig. when it gets to rough, no nicotine. I`ll be reading posts and looking for inspiration keep me smoke free. I would love to me a couple buddies to talk to daily and help each other stay strong.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
moe5946

Hi - I quit smoking on 12/12 due to a surgery that I was having - doc told me not even 2 weeks b4 this date, QUIT smoking or we will have to do the surgery again and it wont be pretty - you NEED TO HEAL.....   This scared me to death!   I can NOT have ANY nicotine.... that is what the hard part is (not only having a husband who smokes)......... No patches, No nothing......... So the night b4 my surgery - I sat on the balcony of my hotel room, with a cig in my hand - my husband next to me smoking too -- 11pm took a nice drag - threw it over and said GOOD BYE!  I stared into the sky and prayed for help!  I crave them everyday -- I chew on straws - I want one!  I do -- but I look at the scar on MY neck and know that I can NOT!   I can use some people to talk to - my husband doesn't get it!  He comes home smelling like smoke and it triggers me even more......... this is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life!

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

I sent you a PM.  Go to blogs to post and to read others - that is where we all hang out.

0 Kudos
quit4bbf

HI Everyone!

My name is Amber and I have been a pretty heavy smoker for over 20 years.

I set my quit date for January 25th and this will be my second serious attempt at quitting smoking.  Last time, my husband and I tried quitting together and had some success with electronic cigarettes - which helped me alot.  He had a harder time.  Some major stress came into our lives 9 days later and needless to say our motivation to quit sort of flew out the door. The quitting with the coinciding stress had us flailing in the ocean.  We got to the point where we were at each other's throats so badly that it nearly ended our relationship. Thank God we didn't- we married a year later and we are happy.  I think our biggest problem was that we hadn't learned how to live without cigarettes prior to quitting.  I think that will prove to be a valuable thing with this program.

Since we are planning a family and I am in my mid thirties, I need to quit for my health and the health of our future children.  I don't want to be pregnant and trying to quit.

However, I am hoping to find some support here as I am quitting under some other stressful circumstances coming up very soon.  For one, we will be moving and trying to sell our house.  Also, I am scared of what will happen to my weight once I quit.   Also, I lost over 40 pounds over a year ago.  I did gain some back but I'm still ahead of the game.  So, my goal is to lose the 10 pounds I gained back and continue losing the other 20 I still had to get rid of prior to.  So, I am wondering how some of you may have figured out how to keep the pounds off after quitting.  Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks for viewing my post and I congratulate all of you who were able to sustain your abstinence. I offer encouragement and support to those who are struggling.  Keep trying- You CAN do it!  I know I can too.  Remind me of the fact that I said that later, would you?  🙂

0 Kudos