Recomendamos el uso de Google Chrome para que pueda acceder al traductor de Google en español.
Aprenda más.
Despedir
cancelar
Mostrando resultados para 
Mostrar  solo  | Buscar en cambio 
Quiere decir: 

Give and get support around quitting

Og1

Starting over

Starting over

upset with myself and frustrated. Have to start over I blew it yesterday. I can blame it on all kinds of things . I didn’t use my Nicorette enough.

and I allowed my crazy thinking to get a hold of me.

15 Respuestas
sweetplt

Yes I am with Barb...How is it going Og1 with your quit...can we help? Let us know and keep us posted...~ Colleen 

Anonymous
No aplicable

First I want to congratulate you for starting over . 

Secondly congratulations . You didn't say you failed . 

Thirdly , it' an important lesson to learn that one puff isn't enough ; important  to learn thoughts will take us there but how respond to the thought will determine the outcome . 

I hope you feel comfortable to post before you smoke . There is no shame in that , it shows your strength actually and also you are helping us as well . We work on our quits together one day at a time . 

Looking forward to walking your new journey with you Og1 . In it to win it , all of us . 

elvan

Sorry about the struggle but really proud of you for jumping right back on that wagon of freedom. It's not easy but it CAN be done, just look at all of the people here.

Hope you are doing better.

Ellen

Og1

It’s hard.

trying to turn anger at myself around to anger at cigarettes., and the manipulative thinking.!!

when I use NRT , The crazy thinking stops,And  along with it goes the determination and drive.    
and then this stupid thinking comes back, telling me how well I’m doing. I could probably relax and smoke a cigarette. The thinking is so subtle and sneaky. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Good morning.  Yes, this is hard.   Nicotine is highly addictive.   I'm sorry are saying NRT is helping you or not?

Barb

0 Kudos
Anonymous
No aplicable

Quote: when I use NRT , The crazy thinking stops,And along with it goes the determination and drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm are you afraid you might actually beat this and the thought is scaring you ? If the craves stop when you take the NRT and you feel good about your success , are you saying when you feel good about it you self sabotage your quit by not taking them ? Can you clarify a bit more ? Are you worried about what you'll do without them or if you can manage life without them ? You can manage life I promise so you that . 

For some people praise is something they never got in life and sometimes that can even be a trigger to smoke because it's something they aren't used to . 

Its all pretty complicated isnt it , and a very individual journey of discovery . You can do this . You will figure all this out if need be . Have you started your new quit and how's it going ? Please share or at least maybe journal or blog the experiences. Sometimes sharing in print you can see a little different perspective and can give you a better understanding of yourself and why you smoked and how to enjoy the quit instead of fearing it . 

Just some thoughts this afternoon , I don't have a clue if they apply or not to you , but take what helps , leave the rest ..