cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tam2

Starting Chantix Tomorrow!

Hi everyone!  I actually joined this site years ago, but never actually quit smoking. Tomorrow I begin my journey to finally end my relationship with cigarettes for good.

I'm a bit nervous about taking Chantix, but after trying pretty much every other method of trying to quit, I think this is the way I really need to go. I started attending a smoking cessation group at my local hospital on January 3rd and have been preparing for my quit date on January 24th. I've never had so much support while trying to quit before. I think it's going to make a huge difference for me.

Could any of you Chantix users give me any heads up as to what the first week or two were like for you?

Thanks!

Tammy

0 Kudos
4 Replies

I have not used Chantix, Tam but you could get mire response to your question in the BLOGS! That's where most of the Community hang out! It sounds like your support system is growing which is a very good thing. It's also important to read about Nicotine Addiction and how to win the mental aspect. Best wishes for a Successful Quit!
0 Kudos
style4531

I still think the best way is cold turky lol. after 3 days your over most of it.

0 Kudos
need2cede

Hi  Tammy, ILL be quiting on Monday the 22nd on Chantix for the second time.  The first time i too gave up on it after vivid dreams and alcohol.  That was a year ago.  This time I haven't had the weird dreams .. However did get stomach cramps the first couple days. Both times it reduced the cravings,.  especially towards the end of the first week while you're allowed to smoke. I went 35 days last time with it. thats  the best i've done having tried  patches, lozenges,elec cig, hypnosis, gum....So it's worth another try.  If you avoid drinking alcohol and drink lots of water your biggest battle will be the mental addiction. You sound very positive and you have great support...Good luck and stay quit.

0 Kudos
mdc144

Hello Tammy. Today is my quit date (chantix). I was on Chantix a little over a year ago and I have to say that it helped me tremendously. I did have some weird dreams but then again I always have weird dreams, its just that when I am on Chantix the dreams seem to be in High Definition....lol

After the first box I felt that I was 100% in control of my addiction and figured I had it whipped. Why do I need to get the refill on the continuation pack? That was a huge mistake because within 2 weeks I was back smoking again. So my advice would be to continue through the WHOLE program. You will succeed.

So here I am beginning the journey again.

0 Kudos