Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Something Peaceful For You

Screen Shot 01-25-18 at 01.15 PM 001.JPG

Open the link below, and watch the waves roll in LIVE

L'Auberge's Del Mar Beach Overlook Live Cam | HDOnTap.com | HDOnTap 

this is about 19 miles down the coast from me.

32 Replies
Daniela2016

Sue MarilynH‌, I can arrange lodging and take you places with the best food, but the ticket is a little pricey to say the least.  You can type in airport code TSR and see what you come up for tickets.  So far I've tried for May just from Boston to TSR and it is about $2,000/person.  We use Lufthansa because from Boston (we'll use my son as a one night stop, so the trip is not too long for mom) we can have just one stop, in Munich.

MarilynH

Airfare is ridiculously high, I'm really glad that you have your son for a resting plus you get to spend time with him, I'm roughly about a 6 hr drive away from Boston I'm 45 minutes away from the Presquile airport which is in Maine, I'm really happy for you and your Mom. Daniela2016

Beautiful Pictures.

(Especially like the middle one)

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thank you Dale, the middle one is a postcard for Happy new Year 2018, but it is taken downtown, and there was a restaurant where we had the wedding reception a little over 34 years ago

0 Kudos

I googled Timosaura the day you posted these and found some other great views of the architecture.

e6e60918fa1d250815ae5dd6d8976e2a--romania-travel-bucket-list-travel.jpg

Timisoara-Romania-1.jpg

Timisoara-Romania aa.jpg

timisoara-romania b.jpg

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Yes Dale, your first and last picture are of the same Plazza, called Piata Operei (Opera Plazza).  All traffic had been removed, growing up there were tram lines going through, as well as cars, now everything runs around it.  Only bicycles and walking are allowed.  Many of the buildings have been renovated, but a closer up picture would still show holes where shooting had happened in December of 89.  Following the fall of the Berlin wall, Timisoara was the first city to raise against the regime. The capital of the country, Bucharest, raised 3 days after the protest started in Timisoara.  We were all on the street, right in front of the Opera building.  This is the view of the Plazza from the cathedral this time; right the opposite is the Opera building. We were all on the streets, and maybe if dad were not with me, I would not be here today.  He had just retired from the army, and was used with the sound of the approaching heavy artillery; he asked me to leave right before the heavy tanks were brought in and started shooting.

Image result for opera din timisoara

0 Kudos

Wow! That's scary!

I found another picture attributed to Timosaura of these war beetles. Look closely.  🙂

jmj_1832.jpg

We had some HUC's Come aboard our bus from Manila To Subic Bay, Machine guns out, wanted a $3000 ransom to let us pass. Something similar happened in Korea when our bus driver ran a checkpoint coming back into Seoul.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Wow, it seems as we all had our share of violence...Funny thing, when protesting I did not feel I was in danger (totally wrong), where just thinking at your situation makes me scared.  Maybe because in my situation I choose to put myself in harm ways, at that time I had such strong beliefs that it was "Change it or die".  I remember the little bugs, they seem like a big happy family with the little ones waiting to get their spots when they grow into adults

0 Kudos
indingrl

Cool ty

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I am holding off for that one Dale!

0 Kudos