cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

12711MyHearts

So today is my quit day and I was nicking so bad trying to fight the urge so I went and got me so non-menthol cigarettes is that bad?

Jump to solution

Is non-menthol good or bad

31 Replies
Barbscloud

Everyone has already stated it's still smoking either way.  Personally, I could never stand non-menthol cigarettes.   Here's some information for you from the American Cancer Society (and available from other sources):

Menthol cigarettes are not safer than unflavored cigarettes. In fact, they could be even more dangerous.

Menthol cigarettes tend to be “easier” to smoke – the added menthol produces a cooling sensation in the throat when the smoke is inhaled. It lessens the cough reflex and covers the dry feeling in the throat that smokers often have. People who smoke menthol cigarettes can inhale deeper and hold the smoke in longer.

The specific dangers of menthol cigarettes are an active area of research, but they are at least as dangerous as unflavored cigarettes.

12711MyHearts

Thanks all you guys I got this no more cigarettes at all completely done 

notch9

Congratulations on your quit. Keep reading and educating yourself on nicotine addiction.

0 Kudos
Cynthiama1981

If it hasn't been recommended to you yet, read Allen Carr's "Quit Smoking the Easyway". I quit last Wednesday March 30 and, about three days in, I was really struggling. Trying to convince myself not to go buy a pack, or an ecig, or anything! Just to make this suck less. Found this book, bought it on Kindle, sat down and read it in one go. I have been doing much better since. It really helped! Also, I listen to "quit smoking" videos on YouTube. At night, before bed. They help me relax and keep my eyes on the goal. Hope these tips help. 

jonimarie

Way to go. There are up and down days but Believe and you will and can do this. 

Michwoman

Keep repeating that - out loud! I'm serious! It really helped me!

anaussiemom

You know what I think.....Any attempt is better than none.    I did the same thing;Ended up smoking those for 7 years. 

Try new non tobacco ways love.

Hugs Kim

0 Kudos
Giulia

"I got this no more cigarettes at all completely done "

YAY!

TriGirl

Reading this thread, I am in ABSOLUTE AWE of this support team!!! Nothing better than the TRUTH delivered in a very caring way. I hope you are using all the resources above and having more success today, 12711MyHearts‌!

I'm totally rooting for you! 

elvan

I came to this site every morning and every evening and read blogs and saw what was working for others, it strengthened my quit a little bit every day.

Remember NOPE, Not One Puff Ever!

Ellen