cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jlp5564

So if I “slip”, and have a cigarette, do I change my quit date?

Im a new quitter! Had a slip with two smokes. Do I need to set a new quit date due to “slippage”?

67 Replies
jlp5564

I didn’t think harsh- I laughed, and needed her comments! Very caring.

Sent from my iPhone

avian3

I didn't mean you thought it was harsh. When I say I laughed, it had nothing to do with you or anyone that asks ANY question on a quit smoking forum. I had plenty of questions when I first quit and joined a forum. This quitting smoking thing was all new to me and I learned so much, which kept me from ever taking another puff.

I was actually laughing at Marcie's sarcasm, especially the part about the waxed floors. Slipping on bananas comes to mind but waxed floors not as much. Maybe because mine aren't as well waxed. I seem to recall some new floors she mentioned a while back and I was thinking she may have slipped on them. I hope not.

0 Kudos
marciem

((((avian3))))) Not to worry,  dear friend... my floors are non-skid everywhere.  Remember I broke my arm by slipping on a wet (old) floor that I was trying to dry ... I slipped, but didn't have or want a cigarette thank God    .   

jlp5564 ... keep in mind it does get easier and better ... to the day when you can get angry or happy or hurt or frustrated, and the thought of a cigarette won't even cross your mind. 

jlp5564

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I fell on a wet floo and broke both my wrist and elbow last Fall (pun intended!)

Hope you are well healed - I am!

jlp5564

Ahhhh- glad you’re recovered! I am as well.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
indingrl

Yes❤

JACKIE1-25-15

Yes. certainly, you should. Reset Reflect Restart.  Education is the key to a successful quit.  Read the suggested materials.  You will go further understanding the law of addiction.  .. The best way to quit is to prepare and plan how you are going to go about your quit. My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and review the videos and tracking also learn what your triggers are so you can better prepare for the urge to smoke when it happens.  I am a firm believer education is the key to success. I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating the site go to. Community Help‌.  Make quitting smoking your number one priority. Start by getting rid of anything associated with smoking such as ashtrays, lighter,cigarettes, etc.  You can do this if you make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke is a good beginning. For a while, you will think about smoking but that does not mean you have to act on it.  You can talk yourself out of smoking.  No matter what never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option. 

jlp5564

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

I agree and here's why. Addiction is based on lies I tell myself, my higher power and other people. Honesty is the way out. Quitting without honest accountability is doomed to fail.