cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gwhitewv

So far so good....but am having some shortness of breath

I have quit.....all in all, not having too difficult of a time.  I haven't had one for 4 days now, and don't seem to be struggling.  What I am having a problem with is a bit of shortness of breath. 

It's not constant, just periodic.  I noticed it this morning as I was moving office furniture around (not too heavy).  I'm assuming it's just my lungs beginning the healing process, but wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problems.

Thanks!  GREG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
roosmom

tyou should go to a doctor and get a physical, I had pneumonia and idn't even know!!!!!! I did have shortness of breath, and had just quit smoking so I thought that was it. Turned out to be a pretty scary case of pneumonia

please go to a doctor and get an exam

0 Kudos

My chest has felt tight over the last 4 days for me quiting, but not really shortness of breath, i would see a doctor.

0 Kudos
snowwhite

I did a lot of research on cigarettes and found that they put bronchodialators in the tobacco. It increase the capacity of the lungs to absorb more chemicals.It is similar to the medications given to asthmatics to treat the constriction of the bronchi.  It is an underhanded way they get you to become more addicted by helping get more of the chemicals into your bloodstream. The shortness of breath should go away soon unless you have another condition that is the cause. Hang in there!

0 Kudos
bridget5

Snowwhite I did not know that .  That totally explains that when I was younger and did not smoke I had asthma - it was not really bad but when I started smoking at age 17 the asthma went away but sometimes I would be home and not smoke for hours and felt an asthma attack come on.  I remember knowing the only thing that would help is a cig. and it did.

Today I was vacuuming and the dust and dog hair did me in - another mini wheezing problem - I did not smoke - let it pass - it did.  THis also happened to me when I was pregnant and not smoking - it made my entire preganancy so uncomfortable- I always had trouble breathing. 

I did not know this at all ! Holy Crap..

0 Kudos