cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gai.C

So I Need A Haircut

My bangs are at my nose. We r not able to get a Haircut until Mid May. So my husband tells me.  My Brother had a a Salon he did hair 20 years.  Your Mom  did hair 20 years.  I think I can do this.  I can U tube how to cut your hair.  Maybe a Clipper cut.  Someone Please Help Do u Know Someone in Henderson Texas that can cut my hair? LOl

18 Replies
Giulia

Comb them straight down over your eyebrows.  (If they aren't over your eyebrows - don't cut!)  Cut them back to just under your eyebrows (not above them), then just do a little point cutting.  If under your eyebrows is too scary, then cut them back to the bridge of your nose and then do some point cutting.  (If they're already beyond the bridge of your nose, you have not much to worry about.)  My idea of point cutting is just scissors tip facing the ceiling.  It softens the edges so that it doesn't look like it's straight across.  Disclaimer - I am not a hairdresser.  But this has worked for me.  Happily keeps the hair out of my eyes.  Hair grows about half an inch a month.  If you don't cut more than an inch off, in two month you'll be back to where you started.  I learned by experimenting (in small increments).  Go for it, say I.  

Hey what's the worst that can happen?  You may end up looking like a famous Beatle...  (notice above the eyebrow ain't as fetching as below the eyebrow.  Less is more.

pastedImage_5.jpg    pastedImage_4.jpg 

Am I the only one who thinks George's haircut make him look like ...

Gai.C

Yikes. That's what I'm worried about 

BobKatt22

LOL!!!!! Poor Gail!!!! I know the feeling I’ve picked up a nickname at work, everyone is starting to call me “Doc” from back to the future, because I’ve got white hair and I can’t do a thing with it, it’s untrainable!!  

RoseH

I AM SOOOOOO GLAD I don’t have to see other human beings as much right now!  LOL

I look like WITCH HAZEL !     The longer my hair grows, the more unruly and curly it gets!

I already sent an email to my Hair Salon BEGGING them to put me in the first list of clients to get haircuts ASAP!!!

I bought a Newsie Cap on Amazon.com to cover up most of my head...  It was a steal at $13 and it is denim so it works with all types of clothing!  I know e-x-a-c-t-l-y how you feel about your hair!  LOL

The good news is...  by June 1, hopefully all this hair stuff will be a memory!  Rosemary

Gai.C

Thank's Everyone. We didn't think about Smoking at All. 

sweetplt

LOL...I know about the long hair...I have a big pony tail these days....dyed my hair and eyebrows on my own...and just snipped a bit of my hair...its ok .... but will be glad to have it done some day...good luck and keep us posted on your work...lol...Colleen 513 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

If you have EVER thought about letting your bangs grow out, NOW is the time to do it.  Just find a barrette, part your hair on the side, and hold them back.  It takes awhile, but I can tell you from my experience that it's nice not to EVER worry about getting a haircut because your bangs are in your eyes!

Just a thought!

Gai.C

I'll think about it 

RoseH

I am now going to a pretty fancy hair salon since no one here in Jacksonville, FL seems to know what to do with curly kinky hair...LOL

I now have an appointment on May 14 and I am truly excited because Mihayla has curly kinky hair too so she should give me a great cut!  I am excited!  LOL