cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sherri10

Smoking wrinkles

The only wrinkles I have are above my upper lip from sucking on smokes. It makes my lipstick look funny sometimes. I'm always having to check it!

When I quit for about 4 months 2 years ago, they went away! I'm hoping that they will fade away again. If they don't, I think I'm going to go to the plastic surgeon as soon as I can afford it. I'm just a little bit vain!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ruf_b1971

I hate wrinkles too but cigarette smoke ages us faster, dehydrates the skin and makes you look old WAY before your time.
0 Kudos
sherri10

maybe my skin will rehydrate. I have a friend that quit smoking several years ago and started working out. I have to say that she looks younger now than she did when she was smoking.

There's hope!!!
0 Kudos
sherri10

Yeah, doesn't that suck? It was easier to lose weight by just not eating!!!! I gained tons of weight a couple of years ago while on a medication I was taking ( I didn't used to believe in that excuse until it actually happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Anyway, the new medication I'm taking completely took away my appetite and in less than a year, I've lost nearly all of the weight I gained! Through absolutely no effort of my own! How nice, huh? I've almost accepted the fact that to lose the rest of it, I'm going to have to put forth some effort into losing the rest of it! Especially since I quit smoking recently! I God!! The thought of gaining ANY of that weight back makes have thoughts of relapse. I just keep thinking of all of those healthy people who look so beautiful. No matter how thin I am, as long as I keep smoking all I have to look forward to is my fading youth and fading good looks! And cancer!!!!
0 Kudos