cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hbaker

Smoking medications

I’m planning to quit but I’m on a budget. Is it possible to have the medications I chose, sent to me? And suggestions on how to use them to quit?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Barbscloud

If you all 1-800-QUIT-NOW you may be able to obtain  NRT aids like nicotine patches.    Some quitting aids require a prescription--Chantix, Welbutrin, nicotrol inhalers or nasal sprays.  If you have medical insurance these are often covered.  And many of these companies have coupons on their website.

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  We're here to support you.

Barb

0 Kudos
minihorses

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking! You won't regret it.  If you have health insurance you can either call them and ask what or if they would pay for, or at least help pay for medications to quit. Then you can decide which quit aid you can afford.  I was surprised that my insurance completely covered the cost of Chantix. My doctor wrote me a prescription. I hope you can find one that aids in your quit because every little bit of help can bring the quitting process more bearable.  Hope to see you taking the pledge to vow to stay quit for just one day at a time!

Julie

0 Kudos