cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nettrice

Smoking Partners

mh, thanks for the post Jim, I agree totally, but that is not my point/problem.
  The thing is I want to help my love you know I want him to be able to breathe better and desintoxificate of cigarettes and co as well. I want our future children to grow up in an addicction-free environment.. I guess my quit is actually motivating me and him alike to a new kind of lifestyle, and awakening on all levels...
  of course I leave it up to him and am patient.. it seems like he likes my example and is starting to think about quitting himself though, I am not pushing him to do anything, everybody at his own pace... anybody else any other motivation techniques???
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
101 Replies
cosmoqueen

Amber, Seeing as you both want to quit, why not start with both of you going outside to smoke.  This way, when one quits, the other doesn't have to be smelling the smoke.  My boyfriend still smokes, but he goes outside and doesn't mind at all.  It will be better for the both of you to have a poison-free home to get the ball rolling.  Also, reading Allen Carr's book on "How to Quit Smoking" may help the both of you out a lot.  

0 Kudos
brenda61

Last comment was two hundred something days ago wow.  My ex smokes. I don't. Are you still out there?

0 Kudos
kellydb

I also am attempting to quit smoking while living with someone who does smoke. I geuss smelling the smoke will only make us stronger when we go in public and see others smoke or get a whiff of their cig. as we walk by. I definately think it would be alot easier to quit if not living with others that do smoke, however I can only help it makes me stronger.

0 Kudos
kristen.rast

I have the same problem!!

0 Kudos
doitordie

OUCH! HOW IS IS GOING?

I am looking it just like any other drug taking behavior - if years ago I could quit everything including alcohol cold turkey living in the city surrounded by heads I can quit smoking too. I don't care what anyone else does anymore I am doing this for me - I haven't let anyone smoke in the house for years - hopefully your crew doesn't smoke in the house or the car.  You can do it no matter what!

0 Kudos
seramae

Hi

I also live in a house w/ 2 smokers. I've tried many,many times to quit & failed.

I find myself hopeless . All i can do is keep trying.

Sermae

0 Kudos
lh1

I am here because I have set my quit date for Nov. 5 and there are two other smokers in my home.  I am petrified to even try because of this. 

I feel like I will be like an alcoholic in a bar and that sounds insane.  I plan to sequester them in an area that will be out of sight and hopefully out of smell range. 

It ain't gonna be easy is it?  But the important things never are.  I am talking big now but I havn't even started.  I think this is going to be another lesson in humility.

0 Kudos
dja324

Hi, it is very hard to smoking when you live with someone who smokes.  I believe it's a mind thing, although I haven't succeeded yet, I am determined to train my mind to overcome and become smoke free.

0 Kudos
mellie4

i live with a smoker and it dsnt really bother me. 1st they smoke outside not in my house and they dont throw it in my face. i am smoke free for 60 days. I t can be done.

0 Kudos
mamacrazy

I am also trying to quit in a house where someone else smokes but he goes outside. I have one daughter who smikes and a son who smokes as well. I believe this is my fault however, because I smoked in the home when they were growing up. I also have one daughter who does not smoke she is a fitness nut and in Nursing school. My parents smoked all my aunts uncles and grandparents smoked. The funny thing is is those that are still alive all quit years ago and I was still peffing away feeling like the odd man out because I still smoked. I Quit four days ago hoping to change my grandchildrens idea of smoking.

0 Kudos