cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lisa46

Smoking Makes You Ugly

Hi, There doesnt seem to be many recent posts,Iam on day 4 and I hate the way I look and I dont want to go out like that my parents both passed away from lung cancer. It is no way to go believe me so helpless...well I am just getting over pnemonia and had no choice so here I am no patch, gum, pills nothing but a will 2 live better.....Thanks Lisa
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
120 Replies
bike-run-hike

R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
  While these ingredients are approved as additives for foods, they were not tested by burning them, and it is the burning of many of these substances which changes their properties, often for the worse. Over 4000 chemical compounds are created by burning a cigarette, many of which are toxic and/or carcinogenic. Carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrogen cyanide and ammonia are all present in cigarette smoke. Forty-three known carcinogens are in mainstream smoke, sidestream smoke, or both.

It's chilling to think about not only how smokers poison themselves, but what others are exposed to by breathing in the secondhand smoke. The next time you're missing your old buddy, the cigarette, take a good long look at this list and see them for what they are: a delivery system for toxic chemicals and carcinogens.

Cigarettes offer people only a multitude of smoking-related diseases and ultimately death.

The List
  http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nicotineinhaler/a/cigingredients.htm

That's the list of what's in cigarettes. Take a good look at the blue ones. Go to the herbalist. She can help you with withdrawal. Every town or city has a health store. I don't mean GNC. An herbal store. Read my page too!
0 Kudos
mike4

Good morning all, hope it was a good weekend. Hope that everyone stayed smoke-free, I know weekends are sometimes the hardest to get through. Too many triggers for one person to overcome. Keep it up and it will get a lot better and easier as each day passes. Have a great day and keep your eyes on the prize.
0 Kudos
holger

Good morning! This is my first time on this site, I quit smoking last Sunday, April 19th and so far I've been doing ok with the patch only. I was tempted to smoke one cigarette last night but I had an apple instead... this is not easy!
0 Kudos
holger

Day 4 and still in control...
0 Kudos
bike-run-hike

It is 14 days tomorrow. That is 283 cigarettes I have NOT smoked! I am so proud of me! I am so proud of you! You CAN STOP SMOKING! Read my page! It helps!
0 Kudos
ree

i just joined "Pretty People" and am also apart of "May Quit Dates" i figured the more support and outlets the merrier.
0 Kudos
bike-run-hike

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT ME TODAY

I have hurt my back. I am in agony. This happened about a year ago too. I was out of work for a month! Strange though, I can bum a cigarette from anyone at work whenever I want. I just don't. I am still working, even hurt! I went to the doc. She's put me on high doses of prednisone. This makes me hold a lot of water and the constipation is horendous! So, I need ya'll to pray for me that this back injury heals in light speed time and that I can get off this meds within a short time. God really hears when there's a gathering of two or more. If two folks talk it's louder. If three, even louder. Just think, if 100 people on here are praying for me, (or anyone else) at the same time, God's ears will really be ringing.

17 days
  $49.13 I ordered that new bicycle helmet. It was $79.99 marked down from 149.99. I rode around with a broken helmet for two yeras after a bike crash. I guess the cigarettes were more important AT THAT TIME. Now, NOT!
  I haven't smoked 340 cigarettes!
  Honestly, it's been pretty easy, In fact, I can't believe how easy. I must have quit 20 times before this. I had never stopped thinking about it. Now, when I do think about it (not often either, that Chantix is great!) , I say, I am a NON SMOKER. I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE. Back injury or not, I aint skeered. I aint smokin'! I am fearless!
0 Kudos
lauren11

I just saw my first wrinkles around my mouth from smoking and I am pissed! I turn 32 next week on May 12, so my quit date will be May 13. No more wrinkles, yellow teeth and dirty lungs! Also, I want my heart to be in top condition at the gym.
0 Kudos
maria11

Ahhg, I can't stand it anymore. I quit a million times too and i had a couple last night because I went to a 5 de Mayo party. I was supposed to quit april 15th. Oh well, I'm back on the plan, this time I'm reaching out so- Hi everyone!
0 Kudos
Kim6

Greetings all. Whew, friggin scary thing to quit when summer is coming! Quit date is 5/25, after I return home from my daughter's 25th birthday bash. HELP!! What will I do with my patio/wine moments if I don't smoke.
0 Kudos