cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lisa46

Smoking Makes You Ugly

Hi, There doesnt seem to be many recent posts,Iam on day 4 and I hate the way I look and I dont want to go out like that my parents both passed away from lung cancer. It is no way to go believe me so helpless...well I am just getting over pnemonia and had no choice so here I am no patch, gum, pills nothing but a will 2 live better.....Thanks Lisa
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
120 Replies
toy

i wonder if smoking increases acne also. if so, this is just one more horrible, and nasty thing that smoking causes. i am so disappointed in myself for smoking.
Etoyah
~Smilin is my favorite
0 Kudos
vanessa4

i haven't had a bad case of acne since high school but this pack week has been a disaster of an eruption of both cheeks. i'm using a topical skin product with vitamin c now and taking stress-b complex. in addition i'm not smoking but that's more recent. i can already see it calming down.
0 Kudos
mary45

Vanessa, If the break outs continue while your body chemistry is changing try pro-active. I know it sounds cheesy and its all over the tv but I am a believer. It has done so much greatness for my skin and I love the products
0 Kudos
mary45

When it comes to your skin...Body chemistry is everything! every change from eating habits, smoking, to changing vitamins can make your skin go crazy
0 Kudos
bill20

In response to your question, Kristine, I have noticed a difference myself. WHen I smoked my face and hair were always oilier at the end of the day. SInce I quit, my face does not get oily at all and my hair feels pretty much as clean as when I washed it.
0 Kudos
shani-jinaki

Wow, I'll have to notice if my skin is less oil without cigarettes in my life.
0 Kudos
lyndsey

So I have been cutting back for about 2 weeks now. Yesterday I was down to 3 cigs, so i decided to quit today..I have done well so far. Im kinda nervous because I have never really tried to quit before and I dont know what to expect. I guess I will find out.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Lyndsey, Good for you. Cutting back will surely help. YUou may be more tired, edgy. But keep busy and nap if needed. Are you using anything to help quit?
  Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

How are you doing Lyndsey? Cindy
0 Kudos