cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Queenboarhog1

Smokin dreams

Does anybody else have a dream where you smoke a cigarette and then you're mad at yourself for smoking that cigarette and then you wake up I've had two of these dreams it's been 17 days since I quit

Tags (1)
18 Replies
indingrl

Yes - it is just a reminder for ME - I am a RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICT - I have them every now and again - sometimes I even SMELL CIGARETTE SMOKE - it all passes - CONGRATS ON 18 DAYS OF FREEDOM

Just sharing His love and PLEASE remember - Just for TODAY - Smoking Is Not An Option - s.i.n.a.o. - Yahoooooo and thank you SOOOOO much for teaching ME to remain grateful that - I am NOT sucking on DEATH STICKS to cope with MY insides about MY Ma being in hospice for 7 months - I will continue to pray for MY mama in MY Lord Jesus name and I thanking MY Daddy God for YOU because  - YOU give ME HOPE -  because I am NOT alone dealing with MY Ma slowly dying and s.i.n.a.o. for ME just for TODAY and - WE - will STAY NON SMOKERS TOGETHER - ONE breath at a time

0 Kudos
Queenboarhog1

Well said... beautiful.... God Is by our sides always ...God bless you and your mother may she be comfort in this time

God bless you

A.S.A.P......always stop and pray

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Yes, I still have them on occasion.  It is upsetting if you actually smoke in the dream.  When you first wake up, you think you really smoked.

Barb

0 Kudos
Queenboarhog1

Right I had laid in bed wondering if I did smoke or not and then when I realized it was just a dream I was so relieved but in my dream I had actually lit it up and smoked a few puffs and then began to be actually mad at myself weird well celebrating my 20th day by ordering doordash

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Glad you came to the site to read and post.  I know how much it helped me early in my quit.   Distract with whatever tools you've chosen and keep moving forward.  Congrats on 20 days of success.

Have a great Sunday.

Barb

0 Kudos
Queenboarhog1

Thanks barb

Day 31

0 Kudos
DavesTime

Yep, I have had dreams in which I smoked, more so at the beginning of my quit. Since I was a closet smoker I would sometimes be hiding while I snuck one.  Very unsettling, even once I woke up.  Many of us smoked for so long that it is deeply ingrained in our memories.  Take it as a reminder that you no longer have to smoke, and be grateful.  You are right on schedule. Congratulations on seeking your freedom!

noetoez

I have only had one dream where I smoked. I was sneaking one of my ex husbands smokes in an apartment bathroom. Which is exactly how I started smoking. I was not mad at myself in the dream, I just stared at myself in the bathroom mirror while I did it.

Dream disturbed me more because it forced me to unpack and face some real negative things from my past. Can't smoke our problems away.

Queenboarhog1

Wow such a detailed dream you're so bright we can't smoke our troubles away thanks for your post I appreciate it have a nice safe day

0 Kudos