cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ana3

Smokeless tobacco ?

Since I have set my quit date and am working thru the steps to successfully accomplish this, my husband has also decided to stop his nicotine addiction to chew. Is there any one else here who has that as well where I could get him to join here and maybe start a smokeless tobacco group?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
manofsteele

So you have checked all the groups... I was pretty sure there was a group...but they are not hard to set up and if you want any help pertaining to groups I might be able to help you. I have set up multiple groups here on EX.

I came to this site as a supporter (4 + years smoke/excuse free) and then invited other smoke free supporting friends from another site. We all have long and strong smoke free lives now. Here are some of the groups that I have set up and some of the reasons why they were set up on EX.

We pledged daily, not to smoke in front of a group of like minded people, we read words of wisdom, we learned by tough luv that all excuses are lame to ever take another puff, we found quit buddies that understood what we were going through, some of us played word games to pass time or to laugh or to try to make someone else laugh and some just decided it was easiest to just give thanks and praise to help solve the troubling times in our life.

hope that helps ...
0 Kudos
beth20

I started a discussion about chew then as i scrolled down i found yours. hopefully we can get some good advice or a group together. i mentioned to my daughters friend to check out this site. but he isn't interested at this time. maybe if there is a group he might!
good luck to you and your hubby!
0 Kudos
Dr_Hurt
Mayo Clinic

People who are addicted to smokeless tobacco should stop and can do so by using many of the same behavioral tools and medications that help smokers stop. If you are planning to quit chewing the becomeanex program can help. Replace the words ‘cigarette’ or ‘smoking’ with ‘spit tobacco’ and ‘chewing.’ Use the tools on the website to help build your motivation to quit. Developing a plan to address your triggers, re-learning how to live your life without tobacco, and talking to your health-care provider about medications can help you stop. Being tobacco free is the healthy goal for anybody who uses tobacco whether they are chewing, dipping, or smoking. Have your husband go to www.becomeanex.org and start a plan.
Dr. Hurt is now Retired
0 Kudos