cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jlim507

Smokefree for a month

The craving come on for a few minutes so I used lozenges medication.  Then I can just forget about the craving.  I don’t know if I will slip up without the medication.  That’s my fear but I will keep my quit even without my medication.  So far my quit has been easy compared with my last quit.  But I am still early in my quit.  I am still waiting for that strong withdraw crave.  I might have to wait for months for that kind of craving.  That’s when I lost my last quit.  I remember using e-cigarettes and the battery went dead then the strong withdrawal came.  I remember the craving was relentless so I bought a pack of cigarettes and started smoking it.  I have not been smoking cigarettes for six months. I still lost my quit.  So this time around I know I won’t be using e-cigarettes for my nicotine craving because its doesn’t work.  I have strengthened my resolve to not smoke cigarettes again because I don’t see a point in doing it anymore.

11 Replies
elvan

Congratulations on a month of freedom, don't give yourself permission to smoke again, you CAN do this.  It really is a one day at a time journey and staying close to the site is very helpful.

Ellen

MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for one splendiferous Smokefree month and counting YAY for each and every Day WON with many more to come stay close because we're all here to help you in any way we can.....