cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dan-dunn

Smoke free birhtday!

Today is my 53rd birthday, and is the first smoke free birthday since I was 10 yrs old. Never thought it would be possible, but the time came that I wanted to not smoke more than I wanted to smoke. Sept 16 was 4 months for me, and counting. Congrats to all that are stopping, and wish you all the best.

have a great smoke free week,

Dan
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
carlie

Dan - That is absolutely AWESOME !!!! And a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you !!!!!!

4 months quit...turned 53......you have increased your chances of MANY, MANY MORE birthdays to celebrate !!!!

Photobucket
0 Kudos
robyn4

Happy Birthday Glitters
Birthday Comments

Upload Pictures Free

and congrats on the smoke free 4 months!!
0 Kudos
dan-dunn

Why thank ya kindly for the birthday wishes, and hope you all are having a great smoke free weekend. Dan
0 Kudos
ro_2

Thanks Dan. Today is just my 14th day -- but it's just been my 53rd birthday -- and a first to be not smoking -- since I was 12 myself -- I had to jump in and say hi. Today was really a mind-numbing just bland kind of nagging day -- no reason to smoke at all - but a day I picked to stop by and see what's up with the "{board" and glad I ran into your post. I joined the over-050 bclub when I first found the site, but as I'm still nmore or less a newbie when it comes to the technology part, I haven't always connected but I got to finallly get to quit -- the Ides of September -- it came upon me whilest I was busy torturing myself .... anyways, I'm congratulating myself to your quit as well, cheers to us, and lets try to stay quit while we're ahead ..... ha ha
0 Kudos
lynn5

Wow! I am very impressed. I hope you had an extra happy birthday celebration since it was smoke free! Since you were 10 years old!!!!!!!!!! That is a very long time. Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your quit. Stay there - you are doing great. I hope to be back on track here very soon!
0 Kudos
lynn5

Great job Ro! Congratulations to you too! So glad I got on the site today. I am in relapse mode and need to see some inspirational stories!! Thank you and happy birthday & congrats on your quit.
0 Kudos
dan-dunn

Again thank you all for the wishes, and hope that the smoke free days are good for you. Dan
0 Kudos
kathy58

Hey Dan! I'm stopping by for several reasons:

1. I used to know a Dan Dunn, when I was in High School in Spartanburg, SC.

2. Congrats on your quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. My birthday is Oct. 28 and, like you, this will be my first smoke-free birthday since I was 15. I wouldn't have thought about my quit that way if you hadn't mentioned the birthday thing.

Anyway .... good for YOU, good for ME, and good for EVERYONE who has quit - all of us who will, hopefully, celebrate many birthdays to come!

Kathy
76 days
0 Kudos
dan-dunn

Howdy Kathy, Thanks for the response. I went to a high school in little biscoe, nc here. It is something to be not smokin, and am so happy about that too. 76 days is wonderful, and will keep addin up one day at a time too. have a great smoke free week. Dan
0 Kudos