cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

crystals324

Six weeks until my quit date- trying to get my bearings here!

Hello, my name is Crystal and I'm a smoker. I just signed up today on this site and I wanted to set my quit date for 15 days from today (Oct. 28th), but the site recommended that I set it for Nov. 28th. Any pre-quit advice is welcome. I will be spending the next 6 weeks keeping track of my smoking to learn my strengths and weaknesses.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

First I don't necessarily think that 6 weeks is good. I quit in 6 days but you will know when you're ready. Definitely keep track of your habits but also read about nicotine addiction at whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com and go to the BLOGS section here - introduce yourself and listen to the long termers! They are succeeding because they changed their PERSPECTIVE! Best Wishes! 

0 Kudos

First I don't necessarily think that 6 weeks is good. I quit in 6 days but you will know when you're ready. Definitely keep track of your habits but also read about nicotine addiction at whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com and go to the BLOGS section here - introduce yourself and listen to the long termers! They are succeeding because they changed their PERSPECTIVE! Best Wishes! 

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
tjs110110

Hi Crystal!  I set my start date for 12/1.  It's a miracle in itself that I am even willing, so I think it's a good thing to say goodbye first.  I've been reading lots of information about the damages of smoking, getting some education around this brain that wants to tell me that smoking is fun.  I've stopped smoking in my car altogether, and have an hour commute, each way for work, so this is a good start.  I plan on giving up coffee very soon as well, as I'm reading caffeine is a really good trigger for smoking, and my morning tracking can prove it.  We will do this!  T.

0 Kudos
sherri22

Hi Crystal, I set my date for the end of this month but it was suggested that my quit date be Dec 8th. I too am doing this cold turkey as i have tried channtix, patches etc and I guess i expected miracles to happen with the medications & they don't. I am sure together we can do this  with support, determination & self-strength within us. I am hoping we may be able to support each other as well. I joined today and even though I have made up my mind to achieve my goal it's going to be hard as I also live with another smoker who is not willing to smoke outside. The idea I came up with for myself is to carry a calender with me at all times so I can write down my triggers and what I smoke & then transfer them in my computer.  I wish us both lots of luck !!!!!! Sherri

0 Kudos