cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Desdeyne22

Sick or healing?

I quit 25 days ago. I’m an asthmatic with chronic bronchitis and am very scared of getting very sick if I get the Coronavirus. I quit out of fear. This is the most motivated I’ve ever been to give my lungs a fighting chance. This is where my problem comes in. My chest tightness is ridiculous. I feel winded walking up the stairs and I get dizzy often. Everything that I read about Covid-19 makes these things symptoms. But then again everything that I read about quitting smoking after 30+ years also makes these things symptoms. So I’m left confused and anxious. I also have anxiety which could also be causing these symptoms. Is anyone else feeling these things? Am I alone in this fresh hell? 

3 Replies
Barbara145

Congratulations on 25 days.  You are doing great.  Most of us are anxious about covid.  Practice social distancing and take really good care of yourself.  Drink lots of water.

Barbscloud

Welcome and congrats on your 25 days smoke free.  Those symptoms can be from quitting, but you also have lung conditions.   Unfortunately, we can't diagnosis what is causing what.   One of the main symptoms of COVID-19 is a fever.  So you can check yourself for that.   It wouldn't  hurt to contact  a physician to check on your existing lung conditions to be safe.  Taking some action can help to relieve your anxiety.

Keep moving forward with your quit.  We're here for you.

Barb

Maki

Yes all these things can cause symptoms.

I don't want to attempt your question because I would not want to assume anything not knowing you .  

I can comment on asthma , bronchitis and anxiety and how they relate to me but we are all different   . Covid I have only read the symptoms as related to the lungs .. I don't want it either . Symptoms on that are variable from mild , moderate , severe . Two of my friends recovered well with no breathing issues just mild symptoms . 

I am familiar with asthma and know instantly when I have an asthma attack ... not sure if your anxiety presents itself in the exact same or different . Anxiety takes your breath away as well but it's quite different from asthma imo  . Bronchtis no stranger to as well , but again presented itself for me much differently than asthma or anxiety for me  . I was sick with bronchitis constantly when I smoked . I have not had a bronchitis attack now for years ( quit smoking nine years ago )

I'm glad you quit smoking , best thing you can do for yourself . 

I will say , You know your body best . Do what you need to do for you . Use your inhalers as prescribed , talk to your medical team if you feel you should because they know your medical history best , we are strangers , tell them you quit smoking . They are the professionals if you have concerns . 

Congratulations on 25 days quit ... that's awesome . I encourage you to keep going .. it's so worth it . 

Hope you feel better soon . 

Glad you are here . Keep coming back . 

Maki