cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tlajbenn

Should I place patch on night before quit dau?

I am quitting tomorrow. Mornings are tough so I thought it might help to place my patch on tonight before bed. 

10 Replies
bonniebee

I used the patch and it really helped me to quit along with many other things ....Ex support for instance ! I did not wear the patch at night for 3 reasons : 1. It was very hard to go to sleep the patch has nicotine and  I never smoked while sleeping have you ? Just kidding ! The nicotine is a stimulant . 2. When I finally fell asleep my sleep was very disturbed and I had vivid "colorful " dreams that would wake me up  !  3. It gave me erratic heartbeats like palpitations that also kept me awake . 

I had a difficult time quitting in the mornings too it was my most difficult time in the early weeks so I did what YoungAtHeart (Nancy ) said above i quit at 11:00 am and the next day I had the patch right at my bedside with the scissors to cut it open and I put it on immediately do not be surprised if the skin under the patch itches it is a reaction to the glue I had it and it lasts for about 20 -30 minutes then it stops I just tapped it lightly to relieve the itching what ever you do don't try moving it to another place it will just start all over again ( not everyone has this reaction to the glue ) 

You could try sleeping with the patch after the first night I have known a few who did not have trouble sleeping with it on and also if you have had it on all day it will probably not be as strong come bedtime .

I love this joke ...........................sayings quit smoking joke.jpg