cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

deborah20

Set my date

I am happy to have set my date in September which is my birthday month. Would like to quit after more 20 years of smoking. I am quitting on the 27th. Want to buddy up to help each other? I am open for support. I am an RN who knows better but you can see where that got me. Anyone else see that knowledge doesn't really matter? It is the commitment to quit that counts.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
daveb

Hey Deborah, you're absolutely right. Knowledge really doesn't matter when it comes to dealing w/an addiction. Recovering from an addiction involves a lot more than just changeing what you do. It's about changeing who you are & if you can change who you are, you change how you think & if you can change how you think what you do takes care of itself. I've smoked for 20 years myself. I used drugs & drank alcohol for 18 years. Right up until 2 years ago and before getting into a recovery program the only way I thought I could stay clean as long as I have was if I was in a coma. It's amazing how much your perspective can change when you find a new way to live.
0 Kudos