Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
cheryl6

gosh I'm losing it. Where is the darn get code button on the countdown clocks. help..............
0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning, nice to read all the comments by my non-smoking friends. The over 50 site is somewhat abandoned. Every one doing fine?
  When I stopped smoking I did this for myself, not for any one else. The rewards are for this body, which I abused it with nicotine for 45 year. My husband does not smoke, never has. Just imagine, I bought the very product that was going to take me off the face of the earth. After 45 years of smoking I am suprised that I am able to type this comment. DO NOT TAKE ONE PUFF, IF YOU QUIT FOR ONE DAY, YOU ARE DOING GOOD! KEEP IT GOING.
  I quit 'cold turkey', this was not fun, by going through this made me appreciate how tough it is too stop and that I will never go back because I will never, ever go through that again. Have a good day, Cheers, Susan
0 Kudos
dawn4

Cheryl: the movie isnt about DENYING ourselves our drug....it's about STOPPING the stupid thinking that keeps us ENSLVAVED and ADDICTED....and for me that's the most difficult part. getting rid of the "rationalizations" and excuses........in that regard we are no different than any other addict. in the past, quitting was this horrible task that i had to deal with. TODAY, quitting is a JOY. EVEN WHEN PHYSICALLY I FEEL SICK........it is a joy to know that I am overcomer, that I am free from the chains of addiction!
0 Kudos
kim

I quit September 13th, 2009. So far so good. Cold Turkey, I am shocked that I have come so far. 23 days and counting!!
0 Kudos
dawn4

KIM!!!! that's so exciting, 23 days!!!!! WTG!
0 Kudos
spunkie

Kim I second what Dawn said 23 days cool turkey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG
0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning, What a wonderful day, day 36 days no tobacco, 16 days no alcohol. I stopped to get a hair cut, this is a little short for me, but it will grow! Last night we went over to Wal-Mart, seems Wal-Mart is cutting back on their work staff, so is Target and a few others. When is this country getting back on it's feet?

Kim at 23 days, 'cold turkey', this is difficult, your body thanks you for that! I am not that far ahead, 36 days, and like you, I cannot believe I am this far ahead of the game! Have a good day, Cheers, Susan
0 Kudos
dawn4

spunkie!!!!!!!!!! it's COLD Turkey
  or COOL Beans............ROFL!!!!!

yall have a blessed, smoke free day!!!!

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT!!!
0 Kudos
spunkie

Morning Dawn I got it Cold Turkey ROFL!!! God Bless you all

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT MORE EACH DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
mark3

Hey so I started day 13. It's been good. I am glad to say I am a non-smoker.
0 Kudos