dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
mizuky

My quit date is (9-30-14) 

It aproches sooner by the day; nights I feel  so tired of smoking(all day long) I have little motivation to lite up, just a major next morring craving that I need to some how defeat.  The morning seems like an imposible mix of lack of cofidence will power & conusness.This is a lot to face my will have to carry through or face a sucking life style. When I Quit from smoking I

will be happier

will be more guilt free

will smell of heaven

will talk to other wholie not half half harted

quake with rage at smokers, I'm realy looking forward to this one

only one thing thing will chance in my life as every thing eles does and this how I choose to give my life a fighting chance.right 

0 Kudos
Storm.3.1.14

Groups like this one can be fun, but they are limited only to those who actually join. The EX Community - all of us - communicate over on the BLOGS. Just look for the second light blue tab in the upper left corner. Click on that and you'll see actual conversations happing NOW!

So, if you are new here and you introduce yourself here in this Group BUT get no response from this Group's owner or from other members, please go over to the blogs and try again there, okay? You can still visit this particular specialty group whenever you like, but the REAL SUPPORT GROUP is chatting over in BLOGS.

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Storm is truly a gifted quitter, hey September quitters, check out his blogs and be ready for a real treat!    

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/profile/bex_user_658420

Another wonderful long time quitter, Shawn posted a blog the other day with TONS of wonderful links to help educate yourself and to give you tips on how to quit successfully.  

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/7637674/my-inspiration-today

There is more information on many other blogs, but these two links will get you heading in the right direction, the journey to quitting smoking!!

0 Kudos
artist4

Hi .......TODAY I QUIT...................NO CIGARETTES IN HOUSE........AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM IS TO BUY THEM.................I FEEL AT THIS POINT I WOULD BE ASHAMED TO BUY THEM. ESPECIALLY AFTER ALL THE TIME AND THOUGHT PEOPLE HAVE INVESTED IN ME AT THIS SITE.

SO HERE IT GOES....FIRST DAY...AND ONE DAY AT A TIME....

chetnmel09

My quit date is fast approaching.. 9/30/14.. good luck to everyone, we can do this!
0 Kudos
annb

Hello September quitters. I haven't seen too many of you on the blog site. That is where most everybody hangs out on a day to day basis. It is crucial to your support in this quit to read and participate in blogging. Don't be shy! It is so friendly and welcoming. I had NEVER blogged anywhere before coming here!  Just share what's going on in your world and your quit, ask questions etc. Dosen't have to be anything fancy!!! Let's us September quitters get to know each other!  Best, Ann

0 Kudos
rosy2

For new quitters-- I signed up for 4 quitting smoking apps-- my favorite is Quit it Pro (iphone)-- 

The planning process was critical for me, but I like having all these apps send me reminders and updates and encouragement.  Quit It Pro recalculates all this stuff based on how long you've quit-- so for example, I just read that 16,620 housefires were caused by careless cigarette handling since I quit (world-wide) and # deaths etc.  Best is the toxicity part where they calculate how much benzene, formaldehyde etc I have not taken it... I kept scrolling though these facts over and over at the beginning.  Having denied it for soooooo long.

Hope someone else gets some value from these apps.  Quite good all around.  RS

0 Kudos
annb

Hello again September Quitters!  I'd like to make sure everyone in this group is getting the support and information they need. So taking a "roll call"!  Could you please let me know your name and number of days quit and/or quit date so I can put a Sept list together. You can respond directly to me via message or here. I will be checking back. Thanks everybody!

0 Kudos
liana5

9-22-14

0 Kudos
FreeandClear

Forty days smoke-free.  Bigger ups and smaller downs but still counting.  

Yessss!!! Now I have enough time behind me to give advice.

Set a date, a special one if it makes it easier for you and get a running start (not too short or long) and GO...FOR...IT!!!  The running start was the more important part of that statement for me, although they're all important parts but I gave myself a good running start by psyching myself up mentally.  Now, I talk to myself about anything like I'm some mad person but, at least the two of us don't sit around having a cigarette.

Hang in there.  It gets easier.     

0 Kudos