dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
diane1601-2

Hi Group,

My quit date is 9/29.  Yesterday I went to visit my friend and collegue who I have known for 20 years (yep we are smoke buddies).  6 weeks ago she started have back pain and lo and behold she has lung cancer that has already spread to bones and back and lympnoids.  I have smoked for 30 years and quit 3 times-when preggers and once for 6 weeks.

I am scared to death...I am so addicted to this nasty freaking habit but I HAVE to quit!  So please, wish me luck and I will wish you all luck too!  Thanks for the ear.

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

That is scary and so sorry to hear about your friend. Quitting is hard, because we have allowed cigarettes to control us

and our minds for so long.....Time to stamp it out and take back that control. 

I will keep your friend in my thoughts!

You can do it with all the right tools and support! 

Sandy

0 Kudos
renee108

My quit day was labor day weekend, but I blew it a few days later. Rescheduling my quit day for 9/25. I hope this site helps.

0 Kudos
tricia32

My quit date is 9/17. Good luck to all and wish me luck also

0 Kudos
lambeth

Six days of no fags I became really unwell with a cough and decided  to give up I am climb in the walls. 

0 Kudos
rosy2

My quit date was Sept 9th, and the first time in years I quit by joining a group and the American Lung Assn materials.  As a 45 yr smoker, I was terrified.  But the group is wonderful.  Lots of planning, patch and zyban, and more planning about how to manage cravings.  I signed up for 4 apps which send me stuff daily.  I realized that I was serious when I decided to give up my morning coffee and alcohol, forever, as they are paired with smoking. I'm optomistic.  I am now a non-smoker and my life is better.  You can too!

0 Kudos
emily64

Tomorrow is my quit date ... i am nervous and axious and afraid ill fail but i know i can do this ... i want and need to so this.

0 Kudos
gus12

Hi I'm in California I have been smoking for 20 years  and my quit day is 9-29

im starting a new job and don't want to be a smoker during but I took 3 weeks off and I have been smoking a lot more than if I were working. I  smoke 3 or 5 cigs in the first 30 min. Of my day. I tend to be obsessive about smoking.   Good luck. I have a little boy who I want to see grow up

0 Kudos
chetnmel09

My quit date is 9-30-14.. I'm nervous, afraid, angry (if that makes sense), but at the same time excited, and relieved. I need to quit. I want to quit. I had a double bypass 3 weeks ago. I'm only 35.. it was a very BIG wake up call. I've come to this site for support, and to be of support. I'm trying to get as many things that will help me put together this time, before my quit date, I do not want to fail. I want to live for my children, and my husband
0 Kudos
ivequitbefore

My quit date was Sept 17th, 2014. I'm downing lots of water, chewing a lot of gum, and taking my dog for more walks to keep me distracted. I get the majority of my cravings while I'm at work and hope they will start to subside soon. 

I'm really read to kick them this time! 

0 Kudos