Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
rose683

I joined becomeanex.org yesterday and decided to quit the same day. I have quit 4 times this year. I have great will power when I want to. For me it's the social situations when I give in. Not this time! I would have to say the first day was not too bad for me.

0 Kudos
reggie

High My name is Reggie,  I  quit midnight going into September 6th so it is 5 days for me since it is 1230am right now. I have been with this site and program for some time now and have made several attempts to quit but just couldn't get over the hump. I've been studying and working with this program and reading other members advice and finally said enough is enough. I use the Nicotine Lozenge, I only had 2 and a half viles left when i quit so after they're gone i'm on my own but I feel  confident I will continue with this quit. I feel really great and I just don't want to smoke anymore and the great thing about it is I don't have to. I focus on making the choice that I want everyday and not the one the addiction wants us to make. Good luck to everyone.

0 Kudos
ems2

Hello, my name is Eva and I have committed Sept 27 as my quit day.

0 Kudos
ambere

I just found this website, joined, and I hope it helps with my quitting.  I have smoked too much for too long, I set September 26th as my quit day.

0 Kudos
momuv3

Today September 13th is my quit day. I can't put it off a minute longer. This is hard, but I believe it will be well worth it. I just wanna live. 

0 Kudos
michelle95

My quit day was Sept 12th, so I am on day two! Taking Wellbutrin and drinking water through a straw like a crazy person. This is my 4th attempt at quitting. I really want to be finished this time, and feel like I will be!

This is a great site with good information and lots of support!

Michelle

0 Kudos

Hello everyone!!  My quit date is Friday, Sept. 17.  I have tried to quit before also but I never had a support system like this one.  I have a wonderful husband and family but all nonsmokers and it just helps to know there are others out there going through the exact same thing at the exact same time.  I swear, I read some of the postings and it is like someone has read my diary.  You just don't realize how common most of your thoughts and feelings are.  It is so strange that most of us wouldn't wish this on our worst enemy but yet it makes us feel better to know that others are going through it. LOL

0 Kudos
forkaylee

Hi everyone! My quit date was September 7th, 2010 and so far so good. I'm using the patch and it has helped! Just glad to be here... 🙂

0 Kudos
mrp1957

HELLO MY NAME IS MELVIN AND MY QUIT DAY WAS SEPTEMBER 7,2010. I JOINED THIS PROGRAM A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO DETERMINED TO BECOME AN EX SMOKER AFTER SEVERAL YEARS OF TRIAL AND ERROR.AS OF AUGUST 1,2010 I HAVE BEEN SMOKE FREE FOR 43  DAYS AND I AM ENJOYING NOT HAVING TO LIGHT UP.WITH THE ADVICE GIVEN IN THE PROGRAM I MADE THE DETERMINATION THAT NOW WAS THE TIME TO QUIT. THE URGES AND TEMPTATIONS ARE STRONG BUT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RESIST.       THANK YOU.

0 Kudos
kubiak0319

My quit day was September 12th at 1:30 pm, so I have officially been quit for 3 days.  I quit cold turkey, and in all honesty, it has not been hard at all.  I am not using anything, but if I start to have a tough time, I can get the patch from the State of NC at no charge, so I can keep that in mind.  But, for now, we are good to go.  I *think* I can feel a difference already.  It's not as hard to take deep breaths. 

0 Kudos