Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
Susan57

Good Morning, It is rather overcast here in so CA, we are suppose to get rain sometime ths evening. Yesterday I did watch what went into the mouth and walked about a mile, or a little over. The entry yesterday mentioned the elastic waist jeans were not comfortable, this was an error, they are comfortable. The weight will come off, in a matter of time.
  I am happy to see you are all here and doing well, Dawn, Patick, Spunkie, Sandra, and everyone who is smoke free and loving it!
  Have any of you tried meditation? There was a show on last night about a fellow and meditation, this I would like to learn, life would be easier and sleeping would be a joy, meditaion is a tool to help deal with life, it will be on again at 1 pm, not to be missed.
  I have to get this weight off, yesterday while going through the closet I noticed a new pair of jeans, I thought a moment and remembered a few months ago when they were tried on at the store, they were a little snug, they will never fit me now, they are Levi's and it has been years since I had a pair of Levis, they weight will come off to wear those pants 🙂 Have a good day, Cheers Susan
0 Kudos
sue-burns

30 days for me today! Way to go me! I am doing well and hope everyone else is too! This has been much easier than I thought. I should have done it long ago. Sorry some of you are having the dreaded weight gain--better that than smoking or having severe weight loss because of smoking issues. Keep the faith everyone! Enjoy your day!
0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning, Wet here in so ca, must of rained during the night, we did not hear it.
  Congrats to Sue Burns, 30 days being smoke free, this is wonderful and it does get easier. Weight gain went with the territory for myself, apparently it did not find it's way to you 🙂 Have a good day, Cheers, Susan
0 Kudos
kinswil55

Patrick, 39 days here and the last 2 days have been hell...sometimes there is a "hidden" trigger...I realized that this is always a bad time for me...holidays coming up...so. in my case once I realized the reason I was getting upset/depressed was not because i wanted a smoke but because of issues i face every year at this time, the urges calmed down. I hope this makes sense...if not, just trash it!
0 Kudos
patrick8

Hey everyone, hope everyone is well... me,well I don't know what is going on but, I am really fighting urges. Didn't think after 37 ,days I would be going through this. Anybody got and words or advice on why this is happening. I mean strong urges.... Help,Help,Help
  Patrick
0 Kudos
Susan57

Good Morning, Hi Patrick, this happens to me, guess they call this triggers. Go over to ' Whyquit.com ' I am sure you will find an answer there. The urges pass quickly, for me they do. Hope this works for you! What ever you do, NOT ONE PUFF.Have a good day, Cheers, Susan
0 Kudos
dawn4

Patrick.........go look at spunkies video again.
0 Kudos
suzimac

hello, I'm back I went in the hospital to have a surgery on my hip,I was .prepared to use nicotine replacement during recovery. The respitory therapist was concerned before anesthesia, I was risky. That was 10/06 and I;m still on the patch. They gave me this little machine to suck on to strenghten my lungs.When those cravings come I go and grab that and inhale about 10 times. IT DISTRACTS ME, and reminds me!
0 Kudos
dawn4

wonderful suzi!
0 Kudos
patrick8

Welp, I made it thru today,I gotta tell you people it was a rough one, glad its bed time,I am mentally whiped. Thanks for your words ! Remember, Its not the metal bars that keeps the lion in his cage,its the distance between the bars!

Patrick
0 Kudos