Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
sandy-combs

Hey Debra! Yea, you made it on, you are going to love the people here, they're great. Talk soon. Jeff, how did the meeting go? Stressful? I think maybe I've been guilty of trying to find an excuse to smoke today. In the end, I'm killing myself. I wonder sometimes what it takes. We have all the info we need, we have help, we have meds, we have charms pops. What does it take? Oh yes, willpower, conviction, and strength. I wonder if maybe I think about it too much instead of focusing on other things. The next hour I can do this.
0 Kudos

Sandy Combs.....you said "I wonder sometimes what it takes. We have all the info we need, we have help, we have meds, we have charms pops. What does it take? we also have each other to lean on, bounce thoughts off of and support .
  Thank you and EVERYONE for the support and encouragement.

Debra....Welcome to the family, You will find lots of good folks here that will lend a shoulder, give advice, encourage you and give you support......use us and become one of us.

Dick
0 Kudos
aaron-burbank

DAY 3.........AND I STILL DON'T HAVE THE URGE......EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE AROUND ME SMOKES.......IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE HOW BAD THE SMELL IS UNTIL YOU HAVEN'T SMOKED IN AWHILE.....I DRIVE MY BUDDY TO WORK EVERY NIGHT AND I HAVE TO LEAVE THE WINDOW DOWN NO MATTER HOW COLD IT IS AT 2 IN THE MORNING...............HAPPY QUITTING EVERYBODY......
0 Kudos
sandy-combs

Aaron, I want what you've got.
0 Kudos
jenn-c

Sandy - me too!
0 Kudos
v00d00

Good morning everyone.
  going into day three here. i wish i could say i have no urge.
  Mornings are the worse for me.
  Instead of smoking i got up got on this site and answered e-mails and wrote.
  I still feel like smoking but i can feel the urge waning.
  I read on here that the nicotine leaves the system after 72 hours.
  That's an important hurdle for me.
  I will not buy any smokes I will not ask my neighbor
  i will not smoke today... just had to put that out there
0 Kudos
dawn4

kinda muddling through this morning. I am using NRT- gum.
  Since one of my biggest triggers is the morning coffee/cigarette ritual, after taking Ang to the bus stop, I decided to rest for a few more minutes before getting ready for work. fell asleep. late for work. Fridays are casual day but not THAT cas - lol, i looked terrible. feel terrible. chewed another gum, drank 30 oz. of water, self talking step one and two. finallly grabbed a cup of coffee (AT work coffee doesnt go with cigarettes).

So here I am, signed onto the website just to jot these notes on my blog. JOURNALING this journey will be important this time. what an amazing experience to sign in and see such sweet words of encouragement. REALLY blessed me. looking for a "quit meter" as suggested.
0 Kudos
dawn4

BTW: today is day two of being an EX.
0 Kudos
sue-burns

Day5 and so far, so good. No huge cravings, and no slips. I am doing well. Proud of myself even though it IS just Day 5. Congrats and good luck to all of you--being an EX is great!!!
0 Kudos
jenn-c

Happy Friday everyone! This has been a good week...we are still here! Aaron, Dave, Dawn - good job! Jeff, Sue, Kirsten - thanks for all your encouragement! I am sure I will talk to ya'll this weekend!
0 Kudos