cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Save Your Teeth

As happy as I was to get rid of my painful front teeth and begin the process of having a permanent bridge put in, I’m sorry I didn’t take better care of my teeth over the years. Unfortunately money was a factor for me but as I am getting used to my temporary bridge I realize now that I should have made my mouth a priority. Smoking was a major factor in destroying my gums and that makes me feel sad that I have waited so long to quit this Vile habit. To those of you who still have all your teeth do Whatever it takes to keep them. Ain’t nothing like the real thing my friends.  

Tags (1)
56 Replies
jconfusion

people get caught up in their  scripts like girls are stuck dating not so healthy guys or guys are alwaysgoing after women who get knocked up by abusive guys...

like my lil sister keep dating the same jerks who re abusive with different  names.

0 Kudos
desiree465

I love when you comment, I always either agree with everything you say, or get perspective on stuff. You should be in social work!

jconfusion

well I am a disabled healer I went to college for a associates degree in massage therapy.  lol I already deal with burned out social workers, who have no business in department of human services, and im a scorpio, lol im really good at seeing into people and when I used to work at krogers or ma pa restaurants.  my friend was being screamed at by  her boyfriend for leaving a vacuum out in the living room for half an hour when the jerk could have just move it out of the way and after he left, I gave her a big  hug and just looked at her "now go take a crap" she started laughing " your such a good friend knowing my morning rituals lmao,"  and I just know my friends,  lol

desiree465

Bahahahaha, well they are lucky to have you! 

jconfusion

lol well I haven't seen  my friends since I found out I have ms.  but I do draw pictures with her kid via snail mail

Christine13

Ralph, I agree don't beat yourself up about it.  My dentist and cleanings have cost me a fortune, but fortunately, they have things like bridges and caps, and false teeth.  I am grateful for having most of my teeth, because I would have big trouble wearing a partial.  I get my permanent, bridge in the end of October.  Cheer up, it isn't so bad.  Thank goodness we both wised up, and for those who don't know it, they will now also think about their teeth and gums, who knew, who ever thought?  I have gum issues, pre cancer, and must keep quit now for good.

A.N.N.

Ralph, thanks for bringing this rotten part of smoking up! I too have alot of dental issues. It's probably something we don't talk to people about because we feel embarassed and ashamed. One of the reasons I decided to quit is because I was tired of avoiding what smoking was doing to my health. And the cost of repairing the damage is so daunting!! But somehow we always found money to smoke... Good luck with all the dental work. 

virgomama

Good advice Mike.  My father said the same thing after he lost his teeth.  Also likely from 30 years of smoking. 

Ralph1955

Well, today is one week since I had my temporary bridge put in.  I've healed really well and cannot wait until next Monday to have my permanent bridge.  Eating is difficult, especially biting down so I've been eating food that's soft.  Lost 8 pounds because I'm not eating what I normally do.  Damn cigarettes

A.N.N.

Glad you're getting close! Hope this week goes fast for you. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone