cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

S-Dragon333

Saturday is Alright for Fighting...

I am going to quit again Saturday, April 17th. I have a phone buddy now that I can call. The first couple days are 'easy'...its after the first week that is proving most difficult. Friday afternoon I will go shopping for healthy food so I have something for my 'hand and mouth' to do. I feel its necessary to go cold turkey to eliminate nicotine from my system, again.

*shakes fist at nicotine*

I am a musician, and am old as mud, I want to be able to rock into my 70's. I am also taking a 2 month, cross country trip starting in June and I need to be done with these damn things.

c9cda5c93875083843d2802cb8e62611.jpg

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Perception plays a major part in our quit.  If you think it is a fight then you will spend energy fighting.  Try to embrace quitting as a new EXperience.  Know that you will get through this as well as other things you have conquered.  That’s what human beings do. We prevail.  Prevail in your quit by being diligent to your quit, kind to yourself, mindful of what your triggers are and be prepared to embrace them. Be loyal to YOURSELF. If need be one moment at a time.  Never give up Never give in. Love yourself enough to let it go. You are not losing a thing when you quit smoking. Write your Goodbye Letter to _________. 

Stop Fighting...Yourself 

PastTense

Well, thanks a lot, @S-Dragon333 .Now I have that song stuck in my head and I don't know all the lyrics.  

Have you got a task prepared for Saturday?  I do better when I am super busy.  

Good idea to have support IRL (in real life).  You can do this.  I am rooting for you!

Keep the Quit
PT