cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

SUZYQ411 IS IN TENNESSEE

This is a response to the post of Cousin-Itt‌  (THANK YOU!) and to anyone else who may have missed me. I think I may have forgotten to post on Tuesday evening that I flew out early Wed AM to visit my son and family in Tennessee (they are 3 hours from Nashville and were not affected by the tornado, BTW).

Anyway, my laptop battery died and I am blessed with a tech-savvy grand-daughter who just replaced it late today. I am still totally smoke-free!! And all's well. I will return to the site in the morning to take the pledge, shout my stats, and get caught up with the posts I have missed while offline. Trust all is going well for all you EXers 🙂

I left northern New York with snow on the ground and a temp of 28 degrees F. Here in TN, it has been sunny and warm (70 degrees today), the grass is green, pear trees are in blossom, and daffodils are up and opened. Life is good.

I will return home on Wed. the 18th and get to my house about midnight so probably not be posting on that day. I am still smoke-free and  committed to NOPE, no matter what! 

18 Replies
SuzyQ411

Thank you so much, Nancy! As a retired RN, I have easily slipped into the protocol of "universal precautions" regarding the current health risk with travelling, and am enjoying being with my family (and their various pets).

Strudel

Enjoy! Beautiful weather here in NC too - but getting cooler after today. . Have a great time! 

SuzyQ411

Nice to hear from you Strudel‌...Getting cooler and rainy here as well, however there will be a short break for Monday, but for the  morning only (I fly out on Tuesday afternoon). Such a great break, anyway, to be able to walk out the door without donning my heavy winter coat, snow boots and gloves!!

indingrl

Cool

maryfreecig

I luv your update. Keep the smober days rolling in.

elvan

SO glad you and family are all alright, I think I missed this post.   I never would have doubted that you would keep your quit, you are on a roll.  I, too, am a retired RN and lived between Rochester and Buffalo.  Now, we are in Virginia, winters are much shorter and milder, summers are wicked for COPD with the heat and humidity.

Ellen

SuzyQ411

The western part of NYS where you used to live--and work as an RN-- is gorgeous!

I live in the part of northern New York off eastern Lake Ontario, so we are both familiar with those darned lake-effect snows!! (And with the crazy drives to work as we Nurses hate to let anyone down by calling in). My youngest son and family live near-by.

Glad for my break from winter here in the south, visiting with my middle-son and his family~

BTW, I lived on the Delmarva Peninsula for awhile and I agree that summer humidity was brutal for those of us with COPD!

Your long-term quit is fantastic and a great example for us newbies!

Kdot1st

I also missed this. Welcome to Tennessee. Although the weather took a turn I still wouldn't live anywhere else. Gives life variety. 70° one day, 40° the next. Sometimes in the same day. 

Wishing you a safe trip home.

39 cases now in the state, 17 of them are here. 

Karen

SuzyQ411

Thanks Kdot1st‌  I have returned home from the Tri-Cities section of Tennessee; totally enjoyed the family connection with my middle son, better weather and the topography of the area. My three kids (all sons)  agreed they didn't want me flying back to new York due to the escalating corona crisis. Brian in Tennessee drove me to Pennsylvania where we met my son Darren from New York, who brought me the rest of the way. For good measure I am self- confining just in case I might be carrying the virus (no symptoms). Stay safe Karen~

0 Kudos