cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RoseH

SMOKE FREE and I FEEL COMPLETE

Good Morning, Everyone

I used to wonder, when my quit was new...  HOW LONG does it take to stop being uncomfortable?

I believe we are all very different in many ways, so there is no hard or fast answer to “How Long”, but... in my own personal experience I really do now “feel complete” without smoking!

In other words, there is a “Light at the end of the tunnel!"

I quit “Cold Turkey,” but everyone has choices if they need some help in the beginning, and I am referring to Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT).  Your Primary Care Physician would be the safe and appropriate choice to ask and discuss NRT options, and possible employment-related health insurance coverage of the cost.

If I can quit, you can too!  I started smoking at 15  years old and smoked for decades...  I suffer from COPD so I definitely know the health problems with smoking.  In my humble opinion, I believe that the “right attitude” is paramount in quitting.  Nicotine dependence is a terrible addiction...  And

cravings should not be feared or misunderstood...  A craving is a sign your physical addiction “wants” to smoke.  However, when we quit, we give ourselves the choice, to abstain from slowly killing our health with cigarettes...

The most wonderful thing about quitting is that your body knows exactly what to do to heal itself!  Being successful means we have to abstain from smoking, no matter what.  It really is that simple!  Just do not smoke, one day at a time, and you will be successful!  I learned this wonderfully simple solution from my Quitnet.com mentor and friend, Troutnut1

I wish you all a very happy and smoke free Monday, and let’s all keep our beautiful quits, ok?  Rosemary

7 Replies
sweetplt

Happy Monday Rosemary...~ Colleen 511 DOF 

Cousin-Itt

Enjoy your Monday Rosemary

AnnetteMM

Wonderful positive blog, Rosemary! And great to hear.

You know, I've been tempted a few times (because of my insomnia) to get cannabis, but I refuse to smoke anything ever again! Nothing but air goes in these lungs now.

YoungAtHeart

It really IS that simple.  You make the decision and then honor it every day (sometimes every hour in the beginning).  Everything else is just noise!

Strudel

Thanks - great blog! 

elvan

Wonderful blog, thank you.

Ellen

meWisconsin

Attitude is everything. Wonderful blog. Glad to hear you are doing great.

Keep  up the good quit.

Terry