cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pawr

Roy Rogers

Did anyone see the news recently about how the estate was closing the Roy Rogers Museum? Unfortunately there weren't enough visitors to support the place. I'll always remember that singing, clean cut Cowboy and his beautiful horse "Trigger". 

I always thought it was interesting that Roy had Trigger stuffed after the horse passed on. Now, as I start day 186 without my own old "nag" , I was thinking about how I would love to stuff my own "Triggers". 

It seems I smoked after a lot of things. I'm still triggered after dinner, after a movie, after sex (not so often anymore, lol and tbh.). So far I'm sticking to the recipe and I don't smoke. But I am honestly wanting and waiting for my Triggers to find a dusty corner of my mind.

18 Replies
Pawr

Excellent guidance. Thank you , you're a dear.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 12:04 AM, Giulia<communityadmin@becomeanex.org> wrote:

#yiv4645803290 * #yiv4645803290 a #yiv4645803290 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv4645803290 #yiv4645803290 h1, #yiv4645803290 h2, #yiv4645803290 h3, #yiv4645803290 h4, #yiv4645803290 h5, #yiv4645803290 h6, #yiv4645803290 p, #yiv4645803290 hr {}#yiv4645803290 .yiv4645803290button td {}

|

BecomeAnEX

|

Re: Roy Rogers

reply from Giulia in Conversations - View the full discussion

"not sure what he did with Dale!"   ON THE FLOOR!  Love you sense humor and your analogy.  God but we're old.  Not too many of us remember Roy and Dale.  A much "kinder" time.  In certain areas anyway.

So you're five 1/2 months into this quitting thing now, I believe.  Yeah.  Triggers aren't all stuffed by then.   And the Nag keeps nagging.  I think that's why there are so few who make the 6% list.  Because of that darn nag, that trigger neigh, that pull from the dear old horse that you rode for years and years and years.  It's the fond memories that keep those triggers alive.  

You'll get there.  You just have to keep riding the new horse and discovering the new joys in the smoke-free saddle.  Keep sticking that recipe that's been workin' for you so far.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on BecomeAnEX

Start a new discussion in Conversations by email or at BecomeAnEX

Following Re: Roy Rogers in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by BecomeAnEX because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from BecomeAnEX, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences. Be sure to click Save. News Digest emails are sent on Thursdays by default.

0 Kudos
indingrl

WAY TO GO!

0 Kudos
mrios5776

Dale! LTH! (laughing too hard!)

0 Kudos
Christine13

Roy Rodgers and Dale Evens!  Loved them, especially Trigger.  Yes, loved that analogy.  You are doing great!

0 Kudos
Giulia

(FYI - if you put five underscores in a row after what you post from your phone, the rest of the gobbldygook won't show up and it will be easier for us to read.)

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I'm right behind you at day 173, and the triggers are there when I least expect them. Like right now - having coffee and just hanging out. This was my smoking time. It no longer is, but once in a while, I think about it. My husband assures me this stops eventually. He's been quit for a decade or more. I'm trying to believe him

Donna

elvan

Great blog...we all wanted to stuff our triggers but the truth is that we can disarm them...we are done stuffing.  When we moved to Virginia, we hired a carpenter to do some work on our house, his name was Roy Rogers.  Honest to God and he said GOLLY ALL the time.  He really was hilarious.

I certainly remember all of those old westerns...my entire family watched them.

You are doing great.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Pawr

Thanks. "Golly" sure beats what some tradesmen say. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 2:39 PM, elvan<communityadmin@becomeanex.org> wrote:

#yiv7679218457 * #yiv7679218457 a #yiv7679218457 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7679218457 #yiv7679218457 h1, #yiv7679218457 h2, #yiv7679218457 h3, #yiv7679218457 h4, #yiv7679218457 h5, #yiv7679218457 h6, #yiv7679218457 p, #yiv7679218457 hr {}#yiv7679218457 .yiv7679218457button td {}

|

BecomeAnEX

|

Re: Roy Rogers

reply from elvan in Conversations - View the full discussion

Great blog...we all wanted to stuff our triggers but the truth is that we can disarm them...we are done stuffing.  When we moved to Virginia, we hired a carpenter to do some work on our house, his name was Roy Rogers.  Honest to God and he said GOLLY ALL the time.  He really was hilarious.

I certainly remember all of those old westerns...my entire family watched them.

You are doing great.

Ellen

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on BecomeAnEX

Start a new discussion in Conversations by email or at BecomeAnEX

Following Re: Roy Rogers in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by BecomeAnEX because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from BecomeAnEX, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences. Be sure to click Save. News Digest emails are sent on Thursdays by default.

elvan

There is no way for me to tell you first of all, how often he said it and how long that word was when he said it, it was much like Gomer Pyle.  My kids and grandkids started saying it and kept all of us laughing much of the time.