cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stacey-d.

Returning member...ready to finally win the battle!

My name is Stacey and I am 46 y/o residing in Florida. I have been smoking pretty much since I was in 6th grade.I have attempted to quit several times. I used this site a year ago to help me the last time I quit & it worked great! I stopped logging in and old behaviors started again. I was smoking again in no time. Since then, I have endured some real medical issues that were almost fatal. I have developed a heart condition as well as a possible cancer diagnosis. It is imperative that I quit! I am pulling out all stops! I need all of your help. The site has changed quite a bit but I am hoping it still offers the same support. I am setting a quit date and I am going to stick to it! God will get me through this---and all of you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

You can do this Stacey.  I had a heart attack 3 weeks ago which I am sure smoking was a huge contributing factor.  Remember that you are important and there are others in your life that feel the same. You can do this. Read up on as much quitting material as you can and follow up on all of the helpful tips. Stay in prayer and God will help you through. You can do this.

0 Kudos
heidihelen

you have basically told my story.  I have no wisdom.   Let me know how you do.

0 Kudos
gail22

I quit smoking at the beginning of the year .. I quit for two weeks .. startted again quit again that time I was without for 3 months .. I have not smoked for several days at a time several times since that .. But I still think of myself as a smoker .. sure enough I start again .. then I started rationing allowing myself 4 a day that worked well for about a month ..then I went 5 days .. bought a pack & all but chain smoked a pack.. I feel like its hopeless .. but I really want to say I'm a nonsmoker.. I want to quit not just for a day but for good .. I don't want to use the patch .. that was a mistake I made before .. nor do I want to use medications .. so I'm hoping to quit with will power .. Maybe that's the only way I'll know I'm really done with cigarettes .. So I'm going to  start tomorrow rationing .. I'm going to write my letter to Santa asking for the strenghth & good sense to make it work this time.. Happy Holidays !!!!

0 Kudos
tonga-york

I pray for myself and all of you.....Today is my first day of this war....and I am at war ....and I will win....

0 Kudos
CrazyQuitter

You can do it! I find your story rather inspirational. If I stopped using this site I would have started smoking again myself! It's hard when you don't get alot of support! This is where we come in! your fellow X smokers!

I do find it sad that you have been smoking before Junior High School. There must have been a lot of pier presure coming your way back then!

They say that the first 3 days of no Cigarettes are a real pain and I believe it! But be metally prepared and self dissaplined. The first week will always be the hardest. Find a quit solution you find is suitable and effective for you and think of the benefits you'll have not lighting up in the first place :O)

I smoked for 2 years before I stopped buying Cigarettes. You just know you need to quit when you smoke 25 Cigarettes a day! which is what I did in the last 6 months! I haven't had a smoke in 2 weeks and 2 days now! There are people on this site who smoked for 20-30-40 something years before they quit for good! you can do it too!

You have our full support and if you need any advice let us know! we are in your shoes!

0 Kudos
vicbnks

I have just found this site and am in high hopes it will help. I am 46 years old and I have smoked since 9th grade. When I found out I was pregnant, 19 years ago, I quit cold turkey. After my daughter was born, I started back. I quit again this time for 15 years, I cannot believe I started back again, it was so easy. I have been smoking for 4 or 5 years now. My daughter hates it, my husband is a former smoker, having quit after open heart surgery. I have been feeling terrible latley and I know that my smoking is playing a big part in this. I cannot remember that quitting was as hard before as it seems to be this time. Thanks for any support you can give me!

0 Kudos