cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ginger34

Reset my Quit Date

Ok so I felt the need to reset my quit date to 4 days later. I was really pyched, started taking chantix .5 once a day. on day 6 it seemed to kick in for a few days so that I was only smoking 12 cigarettes a day. During this time a friend of mine passed away and I got my monthly. TMI? Anyways the I was smoking a pack a day again for the last 3 days. Then I went and did some research on the computer lat night and it looks like I should have started taking .5 pill twice a day bt date to but did not since doctor prescribed .5 once a day for 10 days then take two after. Needless to say I am a little upset about this but also think my friend dying hit me hard. He was in his late thirties, my age. And another part of me is screaming "Geez nice excuses". I have upped myself to two pills a day and have reset my quit date to Thursday. That's four days of .5 two times a day. I am here for encouragement and advice, etc. Like I said I was doing great at cutting back and then life and a wroung script? lol. My plan is also to cut it back to 5 smokes these next three days. I know I have to quit! I am going to kick this, I have been smoking for 23 years. Jeez where did the time go and when did it stop being enjoyable?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yaya2.6.10

Welcome to the site.  We all hang out in blogs which is the second tab at the top of the page.  More people will see your posts and comment and you will see more to read too.  I used chantix, but you have to understand it is not a magic bullet.  You still have to do the work and not let yourself make excuses to smoke.

0 Kudos