cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

barbara16

Relapsed and now back for good..

I relapsed for a few days and now I'm back for good. Just discovered this site and I am thrilled. I searched and searched the internet for caring people and after reading many posts since yesterday I would be grateful to be a part of the August group. Because of my relapse I'm making today, 8.23.09 as my quit date.
Hope to meet some wonderful people here and hope that one day I may be able to help others win the fight against this horrible addiction! This is the hardest fight I've ever had in my life and I've been challenged with a few hard knocks.
Thanks for listening and appreciate all the people here!
Barb
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
christine12

You Go! welcome and I am happy to meet you. This site is wonderful and offers a great deal of support. Look at the many different groups this site offers, there is something for everyone. Again welcome and you can do this, if you need anything jump online and ask someone will help.
0 Kudos
barbara16

Thanks Christine, I appreciate the welcome and happy to meet you also! I have a lot to learn about this site. lol Just accidently deleted what someone wrote me..
There are so many new and different things on this site. I really want to win this fight I'm tired of trying and relapsing. Hopefully with positive people and help I will win this fight for once and for all.
0 Kudos
barbara16

Had to change my quit date to Aug. 24th. Could not get any answers on how to start the nicoderm cq patch. Was on it for 3 weeks and relapsed. This morning I took a couple of puffs was so shaky and upset. Almost backed out of my quit. Feeling pretty low.. but I put on the 21 mg patch and will try.
0 Kudos
dawn15

Barb, congrats on making the decision to try again. I haven't quit yet, my date is friday, and I am not really looking forward to it. Just knowing that someone can try again tells me that I can try also. Good luck in the next couple of days, stay strong and committed. Post and vent if you need to, I know there will be lots of people here that will respond because they care.
0 Kudos