cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

14Djsquitwon

Relapse traps getting back on the free breathing wagon

What happened? I thought I was unstoppable with my quit!

24 Replies
14Djsquitwon

Why do you say congrats on being nicotine free today? I have not been nicotine free today. But I sure have been reading and thinking about getting straight

elvan

So sorry that you lost your quit, that fighting will get you every time, it sure got me.  I was exhausted from fighting and my addiction always won.  It was only when I accepted that quitting is a journey and not an event and I started to concentrate on the positives of being quit that I was able to stay quit.  It has been over 5 1/2 years and I don't let down my guard, my mantra is STILL  NOPE, Not One Puff Ever...I don''t ever want to start over, I did more than enough damage before I quit.

Many of us have had to start over and over and over, I am one of those people.  I never regret quitting but I DO regret not doing it earlier.

You can do this.

Ellen

14Djsquitwon

Thank you, Ellen!

maryfreecig

I've come to believe that for many of us quitting really means smobering up. Some people walk a way from quitting and don't look back. But many need more than that--to change one's outlook on the addiction--and think of quitting as a journey of recovery. Takes time and wisdom. On the wisdom front, Ex offers me and every quitter good medicine everyday. 

Growing up and out of dependency is tricky, don't go it alone.

14Djsquitwon

Thanks Mary, well put!

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019, 9:20 AM maryfreecig <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>