cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kcharrisqos

Red Alert!!! What Do I Do Without My Special Dessert?

Hey, all! 

First, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has joined the group.  Very cool of you, and I truly appreciate all the support and kind words.

Second...  The after meal thing is killing me.  Cigs were always my dessert, if that makes any sense.  I find that I'm real edgy once dinner's done and I don't jump for the Marlboros.  I've tried the gum thing...had some luck, but not enough to curb the craving. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks a heap!

KC

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jill33

One thing that I have found myself to do after eatin.......is to choose somethin else for my special dessert.....I use to grab an american spirit like I was reachin for my next bite of food.....but now I treat myself to something sweet...but good for me.......I make sure that I have somethin planned to do right after I eat.....the cravings have been extra hard for me too after I eat.....but the whole concept of , "changin your habit", has worked for me as well....hope that some of this has helped you....oh and gummy bears help me too 🙂

0 Kudos
edith2

Drink lots of ice water.  I ate alot of licorice.  The biggest thing was "what do I do with my hands??!!"  I have a hand-held solitaire game that has helped.  The other thing that helped me was my determination not to smoke.  Ohhhhhhh, I wanted to!  But once I started this quit, I decided there was no turning back.  Jill, I really like your idea of gummy bears.  I used them to potty train my daughter!  hahahaha!  When she went potty in her little potty chair, she got a gummy bear!  The beginning of quitting sucks.  Big time.  I hated it.  But if you get creative like Jill and stay determined, you can beat this nasty addiction!

0 Kudos
ganzym

For me, I try to not eat as much during the meal. I noticed that when I am extremely full I am more likely to reach for the cigarettes. 

Hope things are going well.

0 Kudos