cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kevmp

Recommendations

I havent bought a pack in three weeks...but still smoke on average 6....down from a pack. I really want to quit altogether but cant get over the hump!!!! Help!!!

14 Replies
indingrl

Welcome and SUGGESTIONS to do something different for next crave - try marching in place for 2 minutes - just sharing - or when craving - just TRY HOLDING your breathe for 2 minutes instead of using YOUR DRUG NICOTINE  - until the crave passes - NEW MINDSET- open mindedness to UNLEARN to NEW learning ideas - patternd and habits -  gentle hug

0 Kudos
elvan

You CAN do this...follow the advice you have been given and don't expect it to be easy...expect it to be one day at a time and when that's too long, make it an hour or a minute at a time.  Education about this addiction is seriously necessary, support from others who know what you are going through is also necessary, and the final thing comes from YOU...it is a commitment not to smoke, no matter what.  I used the mantra NOPE, Not One Puff Ever when I came here and it really did help me.  Stay close to the site.

Ellen

0 Kudos
TriGirl

All of these wonderful people helped me get to 75 days of freedom. I read everything and blogged every day in the beginning. The one thing that totally kick-started my quit was reading the Alan Care book: The Easyway to Quit Smoking. He actually wants you to continue smoking as you are reading. I am telling you, by the time I got to the end, I really understood what was happening to my body and was ready to make the break. As others said above, as long as you continue to put nicotine into your body, the monster continues to control you. Once you have gone without, the cravings subside as your body learns to live on its own again. But that takes time. Go read. Then pick a date.

TriGirl

Alan Carr... Dang autocorrect!

0 Kudos
Vaperlove

You have gotten down to 6 from a pack a day. That is an accomplishment! Maybe you could try nicotine gum or the patch as recommended on this website by the Mayo clinic. Welcome