cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RIPMintJuul

Reasons to quit vaping

The beginning is usually the best place to start.

I bought my first vape pen about three years ago, having convinced myself it would be a good way to quit smoking cigarettes. It was! Within a month, my lungs felt better. I could hike again without feeling like my lungs were going to explode. It felt like a big win.

It all went according to plan for a while. After a month, I lowered the nicotine content of my vape juice. A month later I did it again. A month after that, though, I was using it twice as much and didn't feel ready to step down. Then the whole buying e liquid at a special store and replacing coils and cleaning tanks thing got annoying, so I switched to a disposable e cig. Then I felt guilty about throwing away batteries and plastic daily, so I decided a juul would be the happy medium I was looking for.

It started with one 3% pod a day, but now it's two. I spend more money on juul pods now than I ever did on cigarettes. And as my loved ones' patience with my vaping has declined, I've gotten sneakier. I vape in bathrooms. I take my dog for an unreasonable number of walks when we visit family. I eat lunch out instead of bringing it so I can cheech out my car with minty clouds. I feel like I'm leading a double life, but instead of something exciting like international espionage, I am sitting low in the driver's seat of my car in a mall parking lot, desperately sucking on a plastic rectangle and hoping that none of my coworkers decide to treat themselves to a quick trip to Sephora.

It is so stupid! I may not think of myself as a smoker (oh, small but comforting technicality!) , but I am absolutely a nicotine addict.

So as a reminder for myself, these are the things I am looking forward to as an ex-nicotine addict:

• No more hiding

• No more scheming inconspicuous ways/places to vape

• Calmer thoughts

• More money 

• More time doing things I enjoy

• Living free of nicotine's absurd mind control

• Better productivity at work and home

• No more urgent, secretive trips to the gas station

• Better sleep

• Better focus

• Better athletic ability

• Fewer sinus infections

• Lower blood pressure (it's always been pretty good, but why not get competitive about it?)

• No more horrifyingly large stashes of spent juul pods

Labels (1)
13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Glad you found it helpful!  This was posted a year ago, so you might not get much action here. The only people who get notice of your response are those who posted to the original blog and they may no longer be active here. I suggest you write a blog to introduce yourself to the community (Home-top left - then "Post to My Blog" in the middle blue box).  You might tell us a bit about your nicotine history, the reasons you want to quit, your quit date if you have set one, if you plan to use a quit aid, and anything else you care to share.

Hope to see your intro posted soon so you can fully participate in our community.

Nancy

0 Kudos
RIPMintJuul

I'm glad it resonated with you! I'm not very active on here anymore (still nicotine free, though!), but I always check up on my comments and @s! I'm glad this resonated with you. I struggled to find much helpful vape-specific content when I began my quit, so I tried to do a good job of leaving some behind for other folks! Best of luck to you, quitting that sneaky vape habit is possible and I'm proof!

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, RIPMintJuul , and happy to hear you are still vape free!

Barbscloud

Good to hear from you.  Congrats on your continued success.

Barb

0 Kudos