cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brandi7

Really ready this time

Hello everyone! My name is Brandi. I am a 26 year old SAHM of 3 beautiful children. I have tried to quit several times, but I don't think I was ever really serious about it. I am this time. I have a currently unidentified neuro-muscular disease that is progressing. At first the Dr.'s thought it was Fibromyalgia, but the symptoms are expanding and getting worse. I caught pneumonia about 2 months ago, and between smoking and whatever else is wrong with me, I am still coughing like I am dying. I really want to quit this time, I am faced with the fact now that I may not be here as long as I wanted to watch my children grow up and I don't want anything I am doing to shorten my time with them. I have been smoking since I was 14, so I know this is not going to be an easy road, but here I go.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
barbara42

not easy, but not impossible. you can do this. i smoked for 42 years and i quit over seven months ago, if i can, beleive me you can. we will do it together. peace!
0 Kudos
brandi7

Wow, that is great! Thanks for the inspiration!
0 Kudos
Ben3

Hello Brandi, Im 26 too and oddly enough started smoking right around the same age as you. I quit on my 19 birthday only to pick them up a year later. Currently Im on day 26 of my quit. I found this site after i quit so i cant vouch if the EX program work. I have heard great things about it from fellow members though. You can do this. This site has been a god send when it comes to advice and support. You have definitely come to the right place if you want to quit. Most of the action happens on the blogs on here. Unfortunately the welcome forum gets overlooked some times.
0 Kudos
joanne10

welcome Brandi, I am also 26 and a mom to one. I was a smoker for a little over 7 years and although i have only been quit for 1 week so far, I'm confident that I am quit for good. I am sorry to hear of your health problems, it is not easy to quit but it is clear that you really want to so I am sure you will be sucessful. this site has been a great help to me and you will find much support and advice here. I would be glad to help in any way I can. take care.
0 Kudos