cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tnjhoffman

Ready

Tired of chest hurting and shortness of breath.  I am a  42 year old female and feel like I am going to have breathing/heart problems for all of my life.  Why does this cancer stick have such a hold on me? I only smoke about 3 cigs a day, but feel extremely anxious without one.  Can’t go through another winter with breathing issues.  Please any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you 

13 Replies
maryfreecig

I had shortness of everything! Five years almost, and I am much healthier. I do so much more today and in a naturally healthy way. Cigarettes kept me buzzed and busy and drained.

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX, I am so happy for you reaching out and getting the help and support you need on this journey.  PLEASE remember that it IS a journey and that it it one day at a time.  Education, commitment, and support will get you through the rougher times and then you will be SO HAPPY, so PROUD, you CAN do this and you do not have to do it alone, you have all of us to help you along the way.

Ellen

0 Kudos
tnjhoffman

Thank you! You know I sit here and read stories and watch stories on alcohol/other drug addictions and I think to myself, “They can just stop.” Then it hits me... addictions are addictions! I never thought of smoking as an addiction, but here I am. You never see on TV intervention for smokers, just saying, so in my head I think “Oh it’s not that bad!”, but it is!  It has consumed my life and I am so ready to let go of this grip! Just praying that the damage I have already done is reversible.

elvan

VERY WISE statements...the damage I did is also irreversible and smoking consumed my life and actually STOLE much of it...with my permission, of course.  Addiction is incredibly powerful!

0 Kudos