cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amiray39

Reading Easy Way

I started reading Easy Way to Quit Smoking. I am only at the beginning and I find it interesting. How many of you have read this book?

15 Replies
elvan

I think there are more than one moms here with autistic kids...that's challenging.  Good for you for coming here and for quitting smoking, it's a gift to you AND your child.

Ellen

anaussiemom

Not a problem.   What an awesome mom you are.

DonnaMarie

I have read it. This book saves lives. You will learn that the bottom line is there is no reason to smoke.

P.S. I keep it on my iPad to this day (Kindle app) in case I need a reinforcement. I'll never be without it. 

Donna

Day 78

Daniela2016

I have and it helped tremendously!!!  Please finish it, it'll get you ready for your quit day!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I also read it after I quit.  I found much of interesting, but still don't believe the premise that it's easy.  He has books on every addiction being easy to quit.   The thing that stuck with me the most, was that as soon as we finish a cigarette we're going into withdrawal.  So we're led to believe the cigarette helped with the stress, sadness, happiness, etc.  That understanding helped me a lot.

Barb

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

You are exactly right. His philosophy of there being no reason to smoke hit me and all the details it takes to make that simple statement. He spelled it out over and over again that the reason I was lighting up was due to withdrawal from the last one. He also reminded me that I was a nonsmoker approximately 8 hours a day when I was sleeping. Little things popped out at me that I already knew, but reading them made a bit of difference for me. Like I said, I always have a copy on my Kindle app on my phone and iPad. It's like I don't want to be without it. 

Donna

Day 83