cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Vicspin

Ranting cause I want to - Day 1

Just need to rant, complain, whatever. A little cry baby time so I can move past it into a good first day or quitting the vape. I texted my hubby this morning to let him know that I may be off base a bit for the next week or so because I am going to try and quit. His reply "ok". JUST OK. How about some words of encouragement? Or at least "I am glad you are doing this"? SOMETHING!!!!!! ok..... argh.

PS - I may use this post to continue to rant throughout the day. For now I will stop, pray and move on and go to Crossfit and get out my anger.

Happy wishes for you all on your journey.

Labels (1)
33 Replies
Vicspin

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on day 1.  Let it be a day WON.  You will learn on this journey that at times you may feel alone but with the support here you are never alone.  Educate yourself about ADDICTION and rant all you want or need to.  NOPE no matter what by any means necessary. 

Vicspin

Thanks! I like Day Won!

0 Kudos
Roj

That is fantastic that you did this for YOU...yeah men, gotta smh on that one, I have been married to my best friend for 28 years and I adore him but sometimes I look at his responses like “WHAT? THATS IT?”....I am sure your husband actually meant “omg that’s wonderful, I know you got this...go babe go” lol....anyways stay here on this site for great support and congrats congrats congrats

minihorses

Many of us here don't really have spouses/family that offer support, mine included. My guess is that your husband never smoked.  Unless they've been in this mess they think it's just you putting down the smokes and walking away.  How hard is that right? WRONG!!!!!  Remind them that scientific fact is proving that stopping smoking is very closely related to the physical/mental trauma and withdrawal of quitting crack or heroine.  It's not just a 'bad habit'.  I have a quit buddy(ies) with the same quit dates so we help each other through the process.  See if you can find at least one person who gained freedom the day you did! 

Rant on.  The whole purpose here is education and support, no matter what is going on in your life and quit journey.  I look forward to watching grow as a non-smoker and helping you along the way!

Julie

Vicspin

ARGH! I have a headache and want a vape. Constant back and forth in my brain, hard to focus at work. What side effects did you all have?

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Here's a blog which lists common withdrawal symptoms:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/search.jspa?q=early%20withdrawal%20symptoms 

Stop arguing with yourself about vaping.  You have made the decision - so there is no discussion about it - ever again!  Get your mind on something else.  If you can, take a quick walk, or take some slow/deep breaths - going slower and deeper with each -  or count the red things you see, or count backwards from 10,000.  You can't win an argument with yourself.

The first few days are the most difficult.  Just get through them the best you can.  It WILL get easier, I promise!

Hang in there!

Nancy

Vicspin

Thank you!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

This is a good place to let it out...we so get it...the withdrawal the first week is horrible...but you can drink water, pray (saw you are doing this...it will help greatly) take a walk, watch a movie...etc., anything to get through the urge...if your husband doesn’t vape/smoke etc., he may not get it...just sit with him calmly and let him know that your quitting may cause many withdrawals which also includes mood swings...keep coming here and let us know how you are feeling...hang tough...gotcha in my thoughts ~ Colleen 317 DOF 

Vicspin

Thank you